AxeFX II High Gain Clip VIDEO Mark Day at Tone Merchants

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Ok I did this really quickly. I spent no time at all dialing up a preset from scratch. This one is the Friedman HBE sim but I also made a really cool Uber preset as well.

I used an Edirol R09-HR for the room, SM57 and E609 close mics on the cabs. Ran the unit through a VHT poweramp and two 4x12"s it sounded incredible in the room.

I will do some direct recordings while I'm here in California over the next few days.

I am really impressed with this unit. I was under some serious pressure here so the playing wasn't great, with EVH's rig being tested in the back room and George Lynch walking in the front door and then John Shanks..geezus!

George is my idol, has he shown any interest in the axefx at all?

Can't wait to hear some direct stuff mark, that clip sounds thick.

Don't understand why you weren't a beta tester Mark. Sounds awesome.
The VHT's make the sound monsterous.

Thanks for the video and happy to hear you're impressed with the unit. i would really like to hear your thoughts on how the II compares to the Ultra.

Give us a full breakdown Mark. You da man!! Congrats on your deal with Tone Merchants and i'm sure looking forward to all the cool demo vids you'll be doing.

Hey Mark !

GREAT STUFF ! BTW - How much "air" were you pushing ? Loud ? REALLY Loud ?? Or Mark Day LOUD ???

Great stuff Mark! Bring the RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the new position; it is looks to be a great fit for you man. Nicely done.

I don't know for sure if he was using it or not, but his Shur is loaded with the EMG SPC control ....

I believe he is using Suhr Aldrich pickups now instead of actives. At least that is what is in that guitar he is playing.

Sounds great Mark!

Hi Mark... cool, tone. When the feed back started to kick in, how much of that was due to the VHT? Would it have been the same through a SS amp? or is it all the AxeFx II?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom