AxeFX II High Gain Clip VIDEO Mark Day at Tone Merchants

In the room it's noticeably better :)
This is a very, very cool upgrade from the Ultra. Don't get me wrong the Ultra is still awesome. The 2 is very much a step up from the Ultra and it has tons of features that we all asked for. Nice that a company listened to it's customers and put our suggestions into it's next generation product. This is a good thing!

Mark, would you say the upgrades are more visible when using power amp features? What about people using a dedicated power amp with power amp sims off? Also, do you see improvement in effects quality (delays, reverb, etc.?)

Seriously?? where did i get that from then?? time to do some searching, i'm sure i didn't make that up.
My apologies boys, i'm sure i got that info from the forum somewhere, i'll see what i can find.
Maybe you mean that the power amp for the rack preamps is always the Boogie 90/90? (I thought)

Mark use lots of sunscreen down there, on your virgin canadian skin, unfortunately up here (wine country) its rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraining.

Maybe you mean that the power amp for the rack preamps is always the Boogie 90/90? (I thought)

Maybe that was it, i haven't had a chance to do a search yet but i am sure it was something to the effect that there was only one poweramp modelled in the axefx a mesa 6L6 based one, i may have assumed from that thread that it applied to all the amps in the axe not just the preamps. My apologies if that's the case.

Ok I did this really quickly. I spent no time at all dialing up a preset from scratch. This one is the Friedman HBE sim but I also made a really cool Uber preset as well.

I used an Edirol R09-HR for the room, SM57 and E609 close mics on the cabs. Ran the unit through a VHT poweramp and two 4x12"s it sounded incredible in the room.

I will do some direct recordings while I'm here in California over the next few days.

I am really impressed with this unit. I was under some serious pressure here so the playing wasn't great, with EVH's rig being tested in the back room and George Lynch walking in the front door and then John Shanks..geezus!

Sounds killer Mark!

Did you get a chance to check out EVH's rig? Curious what he is using these days.

Sounds great, but not noticeably better than Mark's Ultra recordings IMO... They are awesome as well.

+1. That's because one great tone does not diminish another. Mark's Axe1 tones are to die for, IMHO. This stuff sounds equally great but does not make the old stuff worse. TBH, some of the initial GAS is starting to wear off the more I realize my tone is fantastic with the OG AFX. That said, the new features are awesome and that tone IS AWESOME but we've come to expect greatness from Mark. :)

I have been messing with the AxeII this afternoon and getting the USB to work with my MacBook. It sounds so GREAT direct. I sure hope I have time to do some direct vids before I go home. I LOVE the headphone out on this thing it sounds fantastic!

I am getting really pumped about this unit!

Mark

Mark,

How do the 3rd party cabs that come with the Axefx 2 sound? Much better to your ears?

They sound great. I used them in the direct presets I created :) The factory ones still rock too. I still like quite a few factories like the Cali 4x12 with an R121 and the V30 and the recto. The RW and OH's are an excellent addition to the line-up.

Mark

I have been messing with the AxeII this afternoon and getting the USB to work with my MacBook. It sounds so GREAT direct. I sure hope I have time to do some direct vids before I go home. I LOVE the headphone out on this thing it sounds fantastic!

I am getting really pumped about this unit!

Mark

Any chance you could make a video on the set up for going direct? I've been having problems going into my Macbook Pro via usb. I only get sound from Analog and get nothing from going straight USB into a DAW

Any chance you could make a video on the set up for going direct? I've been having problems going into my Macbook Pro via usb. I only get sound from Analog and get nothing from going straight USB into a DAW
There's plenty of threads on this issue in the AxeEdit section of the forums... I'm not a Mac guy, but you will need to set up an aggregate device - if you have multiple inputs.

Back
Top Bottom