AxeFX II Clips Master List

Here's some new ones from me (*note - download and listen to the FLAC files for critical listening):

Axe II Vox AC-30TB with Tape Echo

Download 16bit FLAC: 05 24 2011 AxeII VoxTapeEcho.flac

STP - "Interstate Love Song" Full mix *using MP3 backing track. Left side is Friedman BE; left side is JCM 800 pushed with some tape drive. Intro is JCM800 no drive in front.

Download 16bit FLAC: 05 2011 STP.flac

Just the guitars from the STP song:

Download 16bit FLAC: 05 2011 STP GTR ONLY.flac

Reactions: gpz
Cool Scott. Thanks for sharing.
I used to play and sing that tune in my old cover band. To this day, I still have no idea what the lyrics mean. :) Some relationship feelings mixed with heroin useage I think.

Steve

Outrageous Scott. Especially the 'guitars only' clip. The Friedman BE side (right side?)
sounds awe inspiring. I remember how much studio work used to be required to get tones on tape that good. What kind of music world are we going to have when anybody with an Axe II can make pro quality recorded tones? A great one, I think.

Gonna be checking these clips out on my studio monitors tonight. Thanks for collecting them all into one thread/post!

Hey what's the best FLAC player for Windows XP?

Played that STP clip through my Dynaudio BM5's and although they arent top of the range monitors that main melody tone is absolutely spot on. Nice playing too !

Just wondering how the "phones" output on the axefx II fare? Would it sound anything like what these clips sound through my computer now?

I've always had a problem getting good monitoring sound through headphones/IEMS, so i'd be happy if the Phones output did some nice things.

Wild guess but I think the phones output will sound really good- not that hard to achieve.

I just listened to all these clips thru a very nice set of Sennheiser HD600 phones.
Now I need to change my shorts! I hear detail that is not there with the Ultra.
Especially on Scott's clips where he rolls down the guitar volume and you hear
all the gliss and shimmer that the real amp would have. A new era is beginning
in modelling.

I guessed that the headphone out on Axe Fx 2 would sound better than listening to these clips with headphones- the headphone out will be the same converters etc. with a low output headphone amp- should be very pristine-

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a good headphone Amp is a piece of cake compared to the other engineering in the Axe, right ?

Here is a quickly of the new delay. Kind of a hybrid sound. The end shows the runaway delay. Can definitely get better than this but will get the point what you can do by just dialing in the tape delay type and tweaking a couple a parameters quickly.

Here is a quickly of the new delay. Kind of a hybrid sound. The end shows the runaway delay. Can definitely get better than this but will get the point what you can do by just dialing in the tape delay type and tweaking a couple a parameters quickly.

Wow, java. That sounds amazing! :D

Back
Top Bottom