AxeFX II Clips Master List

xpenno

Power User
I thought I'd bring all the AxeFX II clips into one place for all those junkies who can't get enough of them :) I'll keep this first post up-to-date as clips appear, until the unit is released.

FractalAudio

Javajunkie

Scott Peterson

Vox and tape delay demo, Info here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/recordings/36814-axe-fx-ii-vox-tape-echo.html

Cover of STP track (Full mix and guitar only) info here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/recor...stp-interstate-love-song-jcm800-friedman.html

DaveZ

Mark Day

Larry Mitchell

Mike Young

I'll add some more info about each clip once I get chance....

Hope people find this useful.

Spence

Last edited:
Just wondering how the "phones" output on the axefx II fare? Would it sound anything like what these clips sound through my computer now?

I've always had a problem getting good monitoring sound through headphones/IEMS, so i'd be happy if the Phones output did some nice things.

I think it's a hard call to make since when I was initially in the market for an ultra the quality in the youtube videos alone was huge. And I dont mean lined in vs video camera mics. I mean the huge variety of pickups / guitars / and other fx units the ultra / standard users have in their rigs. Personally ( and assuming all these demos are 100% AXE II signals not going through too many other pieces of rack gear ) I prefer hearing purely what the unit alone offers since I dont have the space ( or money ! ) to buy additional amps / rack units. The AXE II only is my budget so it's good hearing what it does straight outta the box.
Just my $0.02 !

ah... welcome tony mckenzie! Great website you run... nice honest reviews. Also got some great Triaxis preset ideas and the editor there a few years back I think.

ah... welcome tony mckenzie! Great website you run... nice honest reviews. Also got some great Triaxis preset ideas and the editor there a few years back I think.

Same here! Triaxis is gone now, though.

I just sold all my amps including my entire Mesa rig to lighten my move to LA from NY. Looking into the Axe-Fx II to replace it all. I don't expect to be gigging, but want top quality sounds for recording.

Anyway thanks for consolidating the sound samples into a single thread. I'm all ears at this point!

Awesomesauce! Can't wait to get home so I can listen to them, there's a few there I've missed.

Cheers,
Steve

I just listened to all these clips thru a very nice set of Sennheiser HD600 phones.
Now I need to change my shorts! I hear detail that is not there with the Ultra.
Especially on Scott's clips where he rolls down the guitar volume and you hear
all the gliss and shimmer that the real amp would have. A new era is beginning
in modelling.

Last edited:
I just can't stop listening to the second part of this clip at 0:54. For me, that is one of the most beautiful guitar tones that I have ever heard. That cave reverb is amazing.

I like the first part personally, one of the best clean tones i've heard from any amp let alone modellor.

Back
Top Bottom