AxeCabManager - a new utility for Axe-FX II users

Guys, make a donation. While I don't think it's good for other companies to come here announcing and advertising (for sale) their goods and wares, this was donated to us without expectation of financial compensation - and that always gets my instant respect.

Thanks for NOT trolling for dollars mate, and hats off for a great, great IR program.

Yes to all here too. However I still can't use it - we talked about it, but I never got an answer. The MIDI In/Out boxes aren't populating. Win XP might be the problem, but I think you said you made it work on your end. PM if you need me to try some stuff or whatever.

Yes to all here too. However I still can't use it - we talked about it, but I never got an answer. The MIDI In/Out boxes aren't populating. Win XP might be the problem, but I think you said you made it work on your end. PM if you need me to try some stuff or whatever.

Are you connecting your Axe to your PC thru USB or MIDI cables?

You might want to go to your motherboards manufacturer and see if they have released driver upgrades and also make sure you have the latest FAS USB driver installed.

Just thinking out loud here on possible easy solutions...

Guys, make a donation. While I don't think it's good for other companies to come here announcing and advertising (for sale) their goods and wares, this was donated to us without expectation of financial compensation - and that always gets my instant respect.

Thanks for NOT trolling for dollars mate, and hats off for a great, great IR program.

I couldn't agree more.

CyberFerret - thanks for your development! This is a great tool and I really thought it's godsent when I discovered it 2 days ago...

Just one problem: I renamed almost all of my user cabs with this and rearranged them - now when powering up my axe it keeps rebooting - due to a corrupted cab file! I fixed it now first trying to switch to another preset with factory cab and then finaly reseting the user cabs. I overwrote them before the reset with axe edit which didn't fix it.

So just wanted to say there might be a bug ;)

Anyway great work, I don't know why this happened with my axe.

Ok, I am going to open it up to the user base here -

1. Would you like to see multiple file drag and drop? i.e. highlight a block of IRs in Windows Explorer or Finder and drag them into a User IR slot, and the app will fill down from that spot with the number of highlighted cabs.

2. Would you like to see an 'undo' feature of sorts, i.e. undo the last drag and drop action (Whoops)?

3. Would you like to see a separate AxeCabManager database of favourite cabs? I don't mean the current highlighting the 232 Factory/User cabs as favourites, but a separate internal database with your 'go to' cabs that are stored internal to the app and can be uploaded easily to the Axe-FX?

4. Would you like to see an iPad version of this app?

Feel free to discuss below where we can all share ideas.

1,2 awesome
3 yes
4 don't care/ Windows guy

CyberFerret - thanks for your development! This is a great tool and I really thought it's godsent when I discovered it 2 days ago...

Just one problem: I renamed almost all of my user cabs with this and rearranged them - now when powering up my axe it keeps rebooting - due to a corrupted cab file! I fixed it now first trying to switch to another preset with factory cab and then finaly reseting the user cabs. I overwrote them before the reset with axe edit which didn't fix it.

So just wanted to say there might be a bug ;)

Anyway great work, I don't know why this happened with my axe.

Katash - Yes, sorry that looks like a bug in the cab renaming section. The cab names in the Axe-FX are only 31 characters long and not 32. The extra character in the name is causing the issue here on SOME units. I am going to release a patch for the Windows version today sometime that addresses this issue. Sorry about that.

Exactly THAT is the best customer service I can imagine! :D

Great, thank you for the clarification why it happened and the fix - so right now as long as I won't rename cabs there shouldn't be a problem? I'll try right now and make a backup before ;)

Just came home from rehearsal and am really stoked about 11 for which I didn't have the time to upload to my Axe yet. And thanks to cab manager I can finaly try out the full OH Modern pack with fw11!

Ok, I am going to open it up to the user base here -

1. Would you like to see multiple file drag and drop? i.e. highlight a block of IRs in Windows Explorer or Finder and drag them into a User IR slot, and the app will fill down from that spot with the number of highlighted cabs.

2. Would you like to see an 'undo' feature of sorts, i.e. undo the last drag and drop action (Whoops)?

3. Would you like to see a separate AxeCabManager database of favourite cabs? I don't mean the current highlighting the 232 Factory/User cabs as favourites, but a separate internal database with your 'go to' cabs that are stored internal to the app and can be uploaded easily to the Axe-FX?

4. Would you like to see an iPad version of this app?

Feel free to discuss below where we can all share ideas.

1 - Yes
2 - YES YES YES!
3 - That would be great, but how many IR's are you thinking about? Between the OH, FA, and individual IR's, I now literally have hundreds
4 - Sure - but how would we use the iPad with the Axe? Simply on the same network as the Computer/USB/Axe?

UPDATE: New version 1.01b uploaded to same download link.

Should now have fixed the cab renaming issue. Note - cab names are a maximum of 31 characters long now, not 32 as before.

Apologies, but there is not much I can do about the old cab names that are too long and causing a crash. The only recourse is to reupload the cab, thus resetting the name, then using AxeCabManager from then on to rename, audition etc.

CyberFerre063 said:
UPDATE: New version 1.01b uploaded to same download link.

Should now have fixed the cab renaming issue. Note - cab names are a maximum of 31 characters long now, not 32 as before.

Apologies, but there is not much I can do about the old cab names that are too long and causing a crash. The only recourse is to reupload the cab, thus resetting the name, then using AxeCabManager from then on to rename, audition etc.

Cool and thanks! Thats probably why my Axe locked when u had renamed cabs. I will try and let you know!

Does anybody else have this problem? If I rename a cab with cab manager this one is not working anymore with fw11 (Axe-Fx crashes if I chose this cab) but it still works with prior firmwares?

Back
Top Bottom