AxeCabManager - a new utility for Axe-FX II users

NICE !

Thank you so much - this app finally let me really understand and test all the new OH stuff (which is GREAT !).

Well done Sir !

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS ??????????

9580802604_7a6a14f152_z.jpg

;)

... soon... :D

From your posts seems your son has stolen your AXE-FX anyway so you might as well be programming nice stuff for us here ;) muuuaaahaaaahaaa

warning...when draggng a user cab onto a slot from your hard drive on the windows version, even if you say no it overwrites what was there already.
I have no Idea what I just overwrote either as axe manager does not read my cab user slots anymore in 11B.
might want to check that code. :)

warning...when draggng a user cab onto a slot from your hard drive on the windows version, even if you say no it overwrites what was there already.
I have no Idea what I just overwrote either as axe manager does not read my cab user slots anymore in 11B.
might want to check that code. :)

Yikes - you are right there! I just fixed up that bug now and re-uploaded the patch (same download link). Many apologies for the loss of your custom cab...

Yikes - you are right there! I just fixed up that bug now and re-uploaded the patch (same download link). Many apologies for the loss of your custom cab...
No problem, I'm a developer by trade (when is Delphi going to update their UI components so they don't look like Windows workgroup 3.5 ) I figured there'd be a bug or 2 in here somewhere.
I figured out which Cab I over wrote so no problem , I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Hey, thanks very much for this, I was excited about trying it out.
But it won't work for me. I am using Windows 7. Just updated the new AxeFx USB driver, uninstalled AxeCabManage, reinstalled it, still no good.
It recognises Axe Fx in the midi in and midi out windows, then when I press "Connect" nothing happens, and it just freezes ( not responding).
Any clues as to what to try next?
Anyone else had these issues?

Hey, thanks very much for this, I was excited about trying it out.
But it won't work for me. I am using Windows 7. Just updated the new AxeFx USB driver, uninstalled AxeCabManage, reinstalled it, still no good.
It recognises Axe Fx in the midi in and midi out windows, then when I press "Connect" nothing happens, and it just freezes ( not responding).
Any clues as to what to try next?
Anyone else had these issues?

It could be the USB driver - I had to reinstall the USB drivers TWICE, then do a clean reboot before it worked again. When you pull down the menus for the MIDI in and out connections, does it just say 'AXE FX II' or 'AXE FX II Midi In/Out' ?? If it is the first one, then it probably won't work until you reinstall and reboot.

Hi!
I tried your app, great idea.
I renamed a couple of user cabs.
After that my Axe II crashed every time I tried to scroll trough any of the renamed user cabs, with the Axe disconnected from the computer (Win 7), I scrolled with the scroll Wheel on the Axe. I did not try to scroll with the app or with the Axe scroll Wheel and the Axe connected to the computer
It happened roughly 20 times, no matter if it was cabs i the X or Y position.
I then retransfered the original cab files that were not renamed, using Fractal Bot and now everything works as it should.
I didnt rename any more cabs.

Im on Fw 11beta, and the latest USB driver and did not have any MFC or Axe edit connected to my Axe II, I have never used Axe edit except for some Fw upgrading before Fractal-Bot.

Regards Jesper

Hi jepperkristoffer,

Did you type in very long cab names, or use any European characters in the cab names at all? Can't see why renaming cabs should cause a crash, but I am thinking perhaps non standard characters might not have been converted properly when sent to the Axe-FX...

Thanks for your fast response.
Yes, some cab names used all the available space for characters.
I used only "English" letters, abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvxyz, and Big letters and ' (like 77') and numbers.

Regards Jesper

Jesper - shoot me a PM with the (new) cab names you were trying to enter and I will give it a try in the morning (it is getting quite late here and I am shortly going to bed for the night). I assume you are using the Windows version of the app?

Ok, I am going to open it up to the user base here -

1. Would you like to see multiple file drag and drop? i.e. highlight a block of IRs in Windows Explorer or Finder and drag them into a User IR slot, and the app will fill down from that spot with the number of highlighted cabs.

2. Would you like to see an 'undo' feature of sorts, i.e. undo the last drag and drop action (Whoops)?

3. Would you like to see a separate AxeCabManager database of favourite cabs? I don't mean the current highlighting the 232 Factory/User cabs as favourites, but a separate internal database with your 'go to' cabs that are stored internal to the app and can be uploaded easily to the Axe-FX?

4. Would you like to see an iPad version of this app?

Feel free to discuss below where we can all share ideas.

Back
Top Bottom