Axe Ultra shipped in Standard Chassis PLEASE HELP!?

Hey there,

I am new to the axe fx and am looking to get one. I have found one that I want and I was wondering if any of you could tell me anything about this. The one I am looking at is one of the first models of the ultra and it was shipped in the standard chassis because there were no ultra chassis at the time. Do any of you know anything about this?

Thankyou!

Last edited:
AFAIK - there is no difference in chassis between the two. [caveat: - I have been wrong before]

Yeah the only difference is the actual word "ULTRA" but it does not have the Ultra logo on it but it is an ultra. I guess it was a special exception when the person bought it off the website. Im just a little confused I guess. The resale value would just go down I assume but I had never heard of this happening.

Thanks for the reply!

There may be a labeling/cosmetic silk screen differences between the two - and of course the internal components differ some, but box (chassis) and knobs/layout should be identical (again AFAIK).

Yeah I think all that really happened was that Fractal was out of the Ultra logoed chassis so they threw the ultra board into a chassis that did not have the word on it haha. Not so much a big deal, as long as it does what I want it to do!

Anyone else every heard of this? I might be purchasing this unit tomorrow afternoon

No, but seems to be strange! Verify, that it is REALLY an ULTRA inside: scrrenshot from firmware page + screenshot from a ULTRA only Block, let`s say MBC with dedicated paramater values ....

I know of at least one Ultra that shipped in a Standard case.

11020069444676bb7975558.jpg

Small pic (Sorry) but that white tape says "Ultra".

I would still ask for some additional proof.

Scarr is the guy in that pic; he did have an early Ultra that was in a Standard chassis. I'd confirm it with Fractal Audio directly to ensure it is the same exact one. I do not know of any others; but I do not work at or for Fractal either.

just check to see if you have user cabs 1-10.if you do,it's an ultra.

Standards have user cabs 1-10 too.

One way to tell an Ultra from a Standard is to check for a Multi-Band compressor in the effects blocks; Ultra has it; Standard does not.

Scarr is the guy in that pic; he did have an early Ultra that was in a Standard chassis. I'd confirm it with Fractal Audio directly to ensure it is the same exact one. I do not know of any others; but I do not work at or for Fractal either.

Right, he got one of the very first available publicly. There was a wait on the chassis when Ultra came out, Scarr didn't care so he got on and taped Ultra across it. There was also one other user who bought a standard and couldn't figure out why new firmware wouldn't load on it. He tried the Ultra firmware and it worked :)
So he got the Ultra guts is a standard.

Back
Top Bottom