Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by bradlake, Feb 13, 2018 at 10:15 AM.
Ho. Lee. $hit!
$1699... Damn, FAS is crushing my resale value.
At least only until they are out of stock
yea maybe this will be good to just get them out of stock and the resale price can come up a smidge but yea sheesh we're gonna take a hit to let go of these XL's. I don't think I'll be able to justify the move to the III.
And yet it still costs €2300 at G66. That's $2845! It's like FAS and G66 don't even want to sell a single unit any more in Europe. You're better off waiting your turn for a III instead. It will still cost you your firstborn, but at least the tech jump makes it somewhat worth waiting for it.
I have a Mark I. It's vintage so It's more valuable right? RIGHT!?
My Mark I and I say you are right! (I hope, I hope, I hope....... probably not)
Damn straight. Mine is from the original wait list. Vintage baby, vintage. Still has that new tube smell though.
At this price I'm sort of tempted. If I got an Axe-Fx II again I could keep it fixed in my studio while my AX8 moves around between practice rooms and gigs. I could migrate my fine tuned and perfected block settings between them, and take comfort knowing there won't be new firmware constantly coming out to change my sound.
Now that's vintage Mine's modded with a Noctua fan though... so.....there.
I'm sure FAS would be happy to sell a bunch of units to any country on earth, its the EU and all the tariffs and exchange rates, and import red tape, etc that are raising the end prices. Cliff isn't sitting around saying "If someone from Europe wants to buy one lets charge him hundreds extra", its the end cost of getting one to you, with Fractal making their usual profit, and then G66 getting their cut of things, and all the rest of the red tape.
After shipping and taxes it comes to about $2400 CDN
Perhaps airfare to the States and buying domestically would be more cost effective ?
Take a nice holiday, get it shipped to a US address and then carry it back in the luggage. Though perhaps they’d still try to charge you fees in customs ?
I think it's incredibly short sighted...
I bought my last Axe Fx XL+ 8 months ago for retail from Fractal. Now, without any forewarning, they announce the coming release of the NEW thing. So what are people LOGICALLY trying to do? They are trying to sell their current rigs to help subsidize the cost of the new $2500 unit.
But oh wait.....
For the last 3 months Fractal has been saturating the market with black friday sales, christmas sales, extended january sales and now apparently the fire sale. So the people who would like to buy the NEW unit get fucked, because they can't get a fair price for their CURRENT units. Oh, unless they sell them for $1499...
Which ain't going to fucking happen...
Way to go Fractal...
Well - guess they "gotta move those 'frig-er-ator", gotta move those color teee veeee" to make room for the new stuff. If they could sell them out at a higher price, I'm sure they would - the market is what it is.
Fractal is a business... I don't know of any business that does something different with old products when they launch a new flagship product. It's the way things work.
...and it's a great product at that price as well.
I just hope they don't have a lot of units remaining and that they sell out fast in a couple weeks.
I don't want to hear "but you can get one new with warranty for $1500" for much longer!
I'd guess 95% of all XLs were originally bought direct retail for more than $2000 (I bought mine 4/29/14 for $2500). Once FAS run out of new ones the market should stabilize around $2000 depending on geographic location. (Cross fingers!)
I'm planning on getting the III, start programming etc but won't use it live until the FC is available and I'm comfortable with it. So I'll be hanging on to my XL+/MFC for a while. I'm sure prices will bounce back. Trick is to sell it once they're no longer available but before FW updates stop! I think we've got time.
LOL it’s like they don’t want us to have enough to buy the III