Axe-Fx Tone Imprinting. Guitar Profiler Tone-Match Cloner (Guitar Vault, Season III) ~ SIM1 XT-1

I have a Sim1. As far as I can detect, it doesn’t leave anything out. It works beautifully. Even subtly. I modeled one of my best mate’s Jazzmasters. Like everything else, the model sounds great - from attack to fade. If you know Jazzmaster pickups, then you understand how this is more of a nuance than a specific sound. All the other guitars sound great too. Sim1 models as well as my own. The software is a little challenging, but the results are worth it. If I can get this result with my Axe FX, I’m all in.

Caveat, I’m only using it for guitar modeling.

Last edited:
But there is no mention in the manual of any pick attack / pizzicato emulation.
There's no mention of EQ matching, either. That said, given how sparse the manual is regarding methodology, I wouldn't think it would mention emulating playing technique (any more than I would expect it to mention emulating the ADSR) as it's part of the method used to simulate timbre.

Last edited:
I have Sim-1 XT+ and I am using it for bass and guitar. I am not into technical details, but it can make my Bongo or Stingray sounds like Jazz bass, Precision bass, Rickenbacker and they sound real with all minor things that are characteristic to those instruments. I even made test Bongo as Stingray and Stingray as Bongo and it is more than just EQ. And Bongo with a fretless Jazz sounds like actually fretless, the only difference is that you cannot make real fretless technique due to have frets. It is even more interesting - Stingray fretless sounds like a Precision bass with interesting twist.

I have not played it much with guitar, but I was very surprised when my JP7 sounded like real SSS Stratocater or Telecaster. Needles to say that all acoustic sim presets on JP7 humbucker are not even close to Sim-1, which is surprisingly close to the real mic'ed acoustic.

I am quite sure that is much more than just EQ match, but I am too short in audio effects to even try to explain. I can say that IMO Sim-1 is in the guitar sound imprinting in the place where Axe FX II with Quantum was for amp modeling. Sim-1 gives me a lot of fun and sounds convincing to me.

I have a Sim1. As far as I can detect, it doesn’t leave anything out. It works beautifully. Even subtly. I modeled one of my best mate’s Jazzmasters. Like everything else, the model sounds great - from attack to fade. If you know Jazzmaster pickups, then you understand how this is more of a nuance than a specific sound. All the other guitars sound great too. Sim1 models as well as my own. The software is a little challenging, but the results are worth it. If I can get this result with my Axe FX, I’m all in.

Caveat, I’m only using it for guitar modeling.
Anyway you could share those jazzmaster imprints?

Have any of you tried the XT-App plug-in from Sim1?

It seems like a cool idea, if it works well. Even better if it works for bass in addition to guitar.

It could be used to "re-amp" - "re-guitar" - a DI, then reamp through the Axe-FX.

Have any of you tried the XT-App plug-in from Sim1?

It seems like a cool idea, if it works well. Even better if it works for bass in addition to guitar.

It could be used to "re-amp" - "re-guitar" - a DI, then reamp through the Axe-FX.

I've downloaded the demo version. It is very annoying because the noise for non-registered version doesn't come every five seconds, as it says at the instructions, but every one second. It is impossible to evaluate it under these conditions.

I made a quick test of the Martin D-35, before I got a nervous breakdown with the persistent noise, and it sounds artificial. It has a nasty resonance. Nothing like the accuracy and quality of the SY-1000 Martin. But maybe the capture of my guitar was not accurate enough.

I will write to their technical support to ask if they can fix the issue of the noise every second.

Last edited:
I've got a reply from SIM1. They suggest that I make sure that my interface is running at 48kHz. But I am using the Axe FX III, which is fixed at 48kHz.

Anyone else having the problem of the noise repeating every second instead of five seconds?

I've got a reply from SIM1. They suggest that I make sure that my interface is running at 48kHz. But I am using the Axe FX III, which is fixed at 48kHz.

Anyone else having the problem of the noise repeating every second instead of five seconds?
I'll download the demo and give it a try. I'll post how it goes.

I don't understand this standalone app: Does it replace the SIM1 Hardware? So you just need the app without the hardware and you can emulate as much guitars as you want?

I don't understand this standalone app: Does it replace the SIM1 Hardware? So you just need the app without the hardware and you can emulate as much guitars as you want?

Yes, it seems like it does the same function. You can also use the same guitar tones they sell at their store

Only 49.9 Euros. I am waiting to be able to evaluate the demo version in proper conditions before purchasing it. Even though the SY-1000 and VG-99 have better quality acoustic and nylon guitars, it can be fun to play with it for that price.

*** Edit: It seems like the imprints that are shared by the community are not compatible with XT-App. It says "Only for XT-1/XT+ Pedals".

So, it would be better if the users share the recording of the chromatic scale instead of the imprint. The chromatic scale can be used at all systems, including the SIM1 XT-App and the Axe-FX III tonematch module

1662098416167.png

Last edited:
You have to open your backup usb use their app and get those imprints. Then you can either upload them here or on there website?

The issue with the imprints is that they cannot be used on the Axe-FX tonematching or on the SIM1 XT-App software. However, the chromatic scale recorded in WAV format can be used at any system

Yes, it seems like it does the same function. You can also use the same guitar tones they sell at their store

Only 49.9 Euros. I am waiting to be able to evaluate the demo version in proper conditions before purchasing it. Even though the SY-1000 and VG-99 have better quality acoustic and nylon guitars, it can be fun to play with it for that price.

*** Edit: It seems like the imprints that are shared by the community are not compatible with XT-App. It says "Only for XT-1/XT+ Pedals".

So, it would be better if the users share the recording of the chromatic scale instead of the imprint. The chromatic scale can be used at all systems, including the SIM1 XT-App and the Axe-FX III tonematch module

View attachment 107669
Thanks for the info. I just don't understand why the guys from SIM1 don't give you more information about the App. And I also couldn't find any video about it on YouTube...

The issue with the imprints is that they cannot be used on the Axe-FX tonematching or on the SIM1 XT-App software. However, the chromatic scale recorded in WAV format can be used at any system
I have an XT-1. That is why I was asking for the imprints. And maybe I could help with some of the wav files too?

Anyway you could share those jazzmaster imprints?
I figured out how to share the imprints this morning. Uploaded to Sim-1 community. The acknowledgement said it takes up to 24 hours, for review and approval. Sorry it took a few days. I really love the XT-1, but the UI not as much. The utility software doesn't feel right.

Back
Top Bottom