Axe-Fx Tone Imprinting. Guitar Profiler Tone-Match Cloner (Guitar Vault, Season III) ~ SIM1 XT-1

I figured out how to share the imprints this morning. Uploaded to Sim-1 community. The acknowledgement said it takes up to 24 hours, for review and approval. Sorry it took a few days. I really love the XT-1, but the UI not as much. The utility software doesn't feel right.
Thanks for that! I agree their software needs a lot of improvement!

Thanks for that! I agree their software needs a lot of improvement!
...which is why I would be optimistically cautious with the new software version of the XT-1.
But to say it again, the hardware has been reliable for me. I previously owned a very custom Line 6 Variax, and the Sim-1 is better^100.

I figured out how to share the imprints this morning. Uploaded to Sim-1 community. The acknowledgement said it takes up to 24 hours, for review and approval. Sorry it took a few days. I really love the XT-1, but the UI not as much. The utility software doesn't feel right.
What did you name them on the upload?

If the Axe-FX III can replace the Sim-1 gear, then I'm completely on-board!
As far as users share the chromatic scale recording of their unique guitars. That is still not happening. Otherwise we are restricted to clone the guitars that we already own, which is an interesting experiment, but it is quite useless.

I have Sim-1 XT+ and I am using it for bass and guitar. I am not into technical details, but it can make my Bongo or Stingray sounds like Jazz bass, Precision bass, Rickenbacker and they sound real with all minor things that are characteristic to those instruments. I even made test Bongo as Stingray and Stingray as Bongo and it is more than just EQ. And Bongo with a fretless Jazz sounds like actually fretless, the only difference is that you cannot make real fretless technique due to have frets. It is even more interesting - Stingray fretless sounds like a Precision bass with interesting twist.

I have not played it much with guitar, but I was very surprised when my JP7 sounded like real SSS Stratocater or Telecaster. Needles to say that all acoustic sim presets on JP7 humbucker are not even close to Sim-1, which is surprisingly close to the real mic'ed acoustic.

I am quite sure that is much more than just EQ match, but I am too short in audio effects to even try to explain. I can say that IMO Sim-1 is in the guitar sound imprinting in the place where Axe FX II with Quantum was for amp modeling. Sim-1 gives me a lot of fun and sounds convincing to me.
I have a SIM1 XT1 which I will probably sell because recently I could get a used SIM XT+ for a pretty decent price. It has always been a headache for me to use two midi interfaces in a row in order to send midi program changes to the SIM1 from my computer because the SIM1 XT has no DIN or TRS MIDI Input. So my question is if and then how you have your SIM1 XT+ connected via MIDI to your computer?

Nope, SIM1 XT+ has TRS MIDI IN and MIDI THRU, but that is just for MIDI control. In my case it ic controlled from Axe or Airstep through MIDI Merger. For connection to computer (profiles etc.) I have WiFi dongle connected to SIM1. Works ok.

Back
Top Bottom