Axe-Fx III USB Audio Latency Troubleshooting

To be clear, I have only used the Axe III to record a few things - mostly just testing.

I have an RME Fireface on my desktop and an RME Babyface for my laptop and these provide way more features as recording interfaces so they're what I normally use. The converters on the Fractal and RME gear are all top notch so I just connect them with analog cables.

To me, the Axe III as an audio interface has way more value in integrating things for live purposes than recording.

Try plugging the guitar straight into Cubase and see if the dry signal is also recording off time?
Ist there a global time delay setting also?
I use spdif personally.
Sorry I haven’t read the thread in full. I get itchy when people have problems....they must be solved....

I'd take the time to check the offset at each buffer size.
Make an index card (or similar) with the list of offsets.
You'll only have to do this once...

I'll repeat:
This is good practice any time you switch audio interfaces

@AlbertA and/or @Jim Roseberry There is one thing I still don't completely understand;
Do I have to adjust the offset when I want a different buffer setting in my Axe FX driver panel?

You'll probably have to consult the Cubase manual on that.

Is the "record shift" an offset added to the ASIO driver reported latency? if it is, then no you shouldn't need to have to adjust it as you change the ASIO panel settings.

Reaper has three settings related to this, one is a checkbox to enable/disable the latency reported by ASIO and two fields that apply an offset to this information for both playback and recording so it makes it very clear.

I still have my latency set but recently I had one occasion where the shift had changed and I had to temporarily re-adjust....
Still wondering if this will ever be fixed or of its un-fixable...

I am borrowing an AXEFIII from a friend. I was trying all day to record a guitar skank track using the AxeFXIII. I couldn't understand why it kept sounding out of time. I eventually plugged the axefxIII via cables into the scarlet interface. Problem fixed. It figured that the AxeFXIII is a less superior interface even than the Focusrite scarlet 6i6. The scarlet doesn't need any offsets or the like. This is something that fractal really need to look into!

Back
Top Bottom