Axe-Fx III USB Audio Latency Troubleshooting

IDK. It seems like asking the Axe Fx III to serve as an audio interface is a bit much. I'd suggest getting a good audio interface. No? I don't know. What do I know? I've never used it as an audio interface. I have plenty of high end ones so I don't need to. But it's a speciality tool.

The Axe-Fx II and III are pretty good audio interfaces. The analog front end is nice and quiet.

Adjusting the latency offset for me is pretty much a one time thing in my setup so a minor inconvenience.

I bet most people wouldn't even notice once they bring down "USB Buffer Size" in the Axe-Fx III - try something like 32.

I've been building DAWs professionally for nearly 25 years... so I wanted to chime-in.

This has zero to do with Windows 7 vs. 8 vs. 10.
The value of the offset won't change.
ALL audio interfaces have an offset (latency). If reported properly by the driver, the DAW software manages it automatically... and all audio tracks will line up properly.
If the value isn't reported properly, you have to manually figure out the offset (in samples)… and enter that in your DAW software.
Once done, it's done.

If you're savvy and have Win10 Pro, you can disable all annoying components (OneDrive, Cortana, Automatic Updates, etc).
At that point, Win10 is a very solid DAW platform.

Dude, I wrote a good chunk of the base Cortana engine and ported it to Windows. You're crushing my soul. LOL

Dunno what version of Cubase your using but 9.5.3 was a car crash for me and I had to roll back.
I also turned the precision back down to 32-bit.
You could try the constrain time delay toggle?

Dunno what version of Cubase your using but 9.5.3 was a car crash for me and I had to roll back.
I also turned the precision back down to 32-bit.
You could try the constrain time delay toggle?

It has been working pretty flawlessly for me so far.
I also tried the latency thing in cubase 8 but it was the same.

Back
Top Bottom