Axe-Fx III Latest 11.02 BETA Firmware FC Controller Bug

I've been going to the FC menu after power up, right click to overrides and the FC comes back to life

Hopefully have a new beta today. Went way down the rabbit hole of flanging. The Flanger block is pretty cool now. All sorts of neat features. Still waiting for some hardware flangers to show up in the mail so I can measure them so some of the new models aren't accurate yet.

Hopefully have a new beta today. Went way down the rabbit hole of flanging. The Flanger block is pretty cool now. All sorts of neat features. Still waiting for some hardware flangers to show up in the mail so I can measure them so some of the new models aren't accurate yet.
Cool stuff! Will perhaps the phaser block receive similar TLC in the future?

What's wrong with the Phaser? I think it's great.
Yesterday I was comparing the script 90 model to a clone of the phase 90 I personally built years ago and it sounds almost identical at default settings, except for a couple small things.

• LFO: the real pedal stays longer on the lower part of the sweep, its waveform seems kinda in between triangle and exp. Maybe it would need a "VCO response" parameter just like the flanger to match perfectly?
  • low end: I didn't measure anything but by ear the real pedal sounds slightly warmer to me

Being a clone though, these differences could be due to a mistake in the schematic, transistors not perfectly matched or just the bias trimpot set incorrectly, I don't know

PS: could I suggest another feature for the flanger block?
I noticed that if mix isn't set at 50% the focus parameter alters the overall frequency response of the block.
Could it be possible to add a function in the focus knob (dependent on the the mix knob setting) to compensate for this?
Or maybe just make the current mix knob an internal parameter of the block and add another mix knob which sums another flat dry signal?

Last edited:
Thanks Ken..... I have a trem block set up already....... never used Leslie before but really digging that sound for a change of pace.....

Just a basement hack with a church gig. Of course I need an Axe 3, Kemper, Amplifirebox, and a Suhr RL/IR for that!

I'm all for a phaser block overhaul, particular the Vibe mode.

The univibe deserves a dedicated block as far as I am concerned.

I never use a phaser and univibe at the same time so I don't need a dedicated univibe block.

I have a real univibe I bought in 1968. I also have a Fulltone Deja Vibe 3 v2 and a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe. I've compared all of them side by side with the univibe in the Axe FXIII and I'm totally happy with the univibe in the Axe FXIII. I was able to dial it in to sound just like my original univibe.

I never use a phaser and univibe at the same time so I don't need a dedicated univibe block.

I have a real univibe I bought in 1968. I also have a Fulltone Deja Vibe 3 v2 and a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe. I've compared all of them side by side with the univibe in the Axe FXIII and I'm totally happy with the univibe in the Axe FXIII. I was able to dial it in to sound just like my original univibe.
Mind sharing the preset or settings? 😉

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom