• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III Latest 11.02 BETA Firmware FC Controller Bug

ethomas1013

Power User
I never use a phaser and univibe at the same time so I don't need a dedicated univibe block.

I have a real univibe I bought in 1968. I also have a Fulltone Deja Vibe 3 v2 and a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe. I've compared all of them side by side with the univibe in the Axe FXIII and I'm totally happy with the univibe in the Axe FXIII. I was able to dial it in to sound just like my original univibe.
You’re right, I would never use a phase and vibe at the same time.

Maybe it’s just be me. The last vibe pedal I had was the MojoVibe, and in comparison I found the AxeFX version a bit too clean and precise. The photo cell units have a bit of randomness in the depth and rate of the throb that I found missing in the Axe version. There was also a “creaminess”, or a slight bit of high-end roll off, and added gain that the photo cell adds to the tone. I have observed the same with other vibe units.

I suppose some of that could be compensated for in other ways. But I think there is room for minor tweaks to take it over the top.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I never use a phaser and univibe at the same time so I don't need a dedicated univibe block.

I have a real univibe I bought in 1968. I also have a Fulltone Deja Vibe 3 v2 and a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe. I've compared all of them side by side with the univibe in the Axe FXIII and I'm totally happy with the univibe in the Axe FXIII. I was able to dial it in to sound just like my original univibe.
The Axe-Fx model is based on the Fulltone.

Joe Bfstplk

Power User
Maybe it’s just be me. The last vibe pedal I had was the MojoVibe, and in comparison I found the AxeFX version a bit too clean and precise. The photo cell units have a bit of randomness in the depth and rate of the throb that I found missing in the Axe version.
You might be able to throw a little 'randomness' into the depth and rate of the thing via a little LFO controller tweak to wobble its speed and/or depth....

flcmcya

Inspired
I ran a phase 90 in the loop of a Swirlpool Trem once and it did a pretty good Uni.

Kind of created the randomness that makes it real nice and gooey!

yek

Thanks.... I actually checked the chorus block first thinking there would be a vibrato choice.
I agree that it would be nice to have a pre-configured “Vibrato” type in the Chorus block. It takes more than “Mix at 100%“ to create a great Vibrato effect, and it’s such an awesome effect (Boss VB-2).

Top Bottom