AFIII Axe-Fx III JP-2C vs real JP-2C

axes

Experienced
1:

2:

They are:
  • EBMM Majesty into real Boogie JP-2C through Suhr RL going into Audient iD44 MKII and DAW (ML Mikko2 + delay).
  • EBMM Majesty into Axe-Fx III, DI recorded via SPDIF then reamped via SPDIF and recorded via XLR into Audient iD44 MKII and DAW (ML Mikko2 + delay).
But which is which?
;)
I haven't spent more than two minutes matching the Axe to the amp (was only required to figure out the graphic eq, everything else set to the same sounds the same) and it's not the same recording (excuse the sloppy playing in both cases).
Interested to hear your opinions.
I've revealed it in post #4 but don't want to put it here to give you a chance to guess if you want.
For now I'm just thinking about listing my JP-2C :D

Last edited:
Clip 2 seems quite a bit more compressed. I preferred the sound of clip 1. I have no clue which is the amp.

I’m going with clip 1 as the real amp based on pick attack. I can hear a difference in response but it’s close.

Clip 2 seems quite a bit more compressed. I preferred the sound of clip 1. I have no clue which is the amp.
Thank you guys :)
Since the thread haven't quite gained the traction I was hoping for I'll just reveal it now.
Clip 1 = Axe
Clip 2 = Real JP-2C
The rest is pretty much up to everybody's tastes. Granted, there is a slight difference in isolation, but would you be able to tell them apart in a crowded mix?

Thank you guys :)
Since the thread haven't quite gained the traction I was hoping for I'll just reveal it now.
Clip 1 = Axe
Clip 2 = Real JP-2C
The rest is pretty much up to everybody's tastes. Granted, there is a slight difference in isolation, but would you be able to tell them apart in a crowded mix?
No way

I've decided on keeping my JP-2C just because it would be very hard for me to get another one where I live but otherwise... the level of accuracy is just incredible. Everything was set to absolutely the same on the Axe and the amp (I've simulated pull-gain on the Axe on the Ideal tab because it was pulled on the real amp) apart from the graphic EQ that I tweaked by ear but it is also only marginally different.

Back
Top Bottom