Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Herbie is back! I cut the bass and boosted the highs and its a chunk machine like in the early days of the AXEII. Someone mentioned thin sounding but here, if anything its a little thicker sounding. Loving it and thanks CLIFFAS!

For 1 example, I use the Solo 100 amp for 5 presets, set a little different in each. My main settings are Gain 6, bass 3.5, mid 6, treble 5, presence 3, master 5. I use a TS808 non mod, in front, with a gain of 1, tone 5, mix 100%, level 5.

With Beta 1, they were a little bass heavy, so I adjusted from 5 to below 3. Beta 2 perfect. Beta 3 cuts like a knife, very harsh.
Which type of cab are you using?
High/Low Cut settings? Thanx

it's usually a new parameter added that just doesn't appear in Edit because it hasn't been added yet.

it's "safe" to use for things that existed before, but always perform the Settings > Refresh after new FW.

Hallo!
Settings> Refresh
Where can I find this feature?
Thanks.

I went through every single model that uses a cathode follower and compared it to the real amp. That's why it took so long.

Does anyone know what Cliff's comparison set up is? Is his FXIII going through the same speaker as in the real amp using some kind of A/B switch? Or is he listening to his FXIII through headphones and comparing that sound to the real amp/speaker combination? Or what???

BTW: I am totally amazed at the new cathode follower models! I thought the FXIII was already too good to be improved BEFORE the new cathode follower updates!

Does anyone know what Cliff's comparison set up is? Is his FXIII going through the same speaker as in the real amp using some kind of A/B switch? Or is he listening to his FXIII through headphones and comparing that sound to the real amp/speaker combination? Or what???

BTW: I am totally amazed at the new cathode follower models! I thought the FXIII was already too good to be improved BEFORE the new cathode follower updates!
Not headphones.

Does anyone know what Cliff's comparison set up is? Is his FXIII going through the same speaker as in the real amp using some kind of A/B switch? Or what???

I was wondering the same thing. Is Cliff comparing an amp block and an IR can the Axe FXIII to the real amp, or is he using just the amp block in the Axe FXIII and going through a power amp like the Matrix or something, then out to the same real cab and speakers that are in the real amp?

Expensive FRFR Near-Field Studio Reference Monitors. He once mentioned his brand and model, but I don't remember which one.

Last edited:
I don’t know for sure, but I’m guessing he is using the Fractal load box to run the the real amp into his preset so he can then A/B between the load box Amp input and the modeled Amp block through the same IR. That’s how I imagine he would do it.

Those monitors mentioned are the Event Opals. I bought a set on his recommendation figuring if that’s what he is hearing it through when he tweaks things, it’s best to hear it the exact same way. Makers mark if you will... and even if you won’t...;)

Hope it helps

Last edited:
I get a squeel sound when using dual amps with IIC++ when I lower the presence. If I delete the 2nd amp it goes away.
Attached a sample preset

Attachments

• DualAmps_IIC_squeel.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
I get a squeel sound when using dual amps with IIC++ when I lower the presence. If I delete the 2nd amp it goes away.
Attached a sample preset

Just checking: are you sure you're using Beta 3?

I have a suspition that it isn't just a listening rig. He is doing actual physical measurements, not just listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom