Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.04 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added PVH 6160 Crunch model.

That's incredible; I can't thank you enough for adding this! I can't wait to try it tonight! I was embarrassed to ask for this channel because I seem to be the only one who cares; I saw no other requests going back on this forum! How did you like it when you were playing the real deal? To me it was always the coolest, most badass tone, and I'm itching to have it under my fingers. Man, I'm so excited.

And as far as the new pedal models, I already love the BB Pre, but it's incredible not only that you added the Timmons model, but also updated the existing one. This is the big thing everyone should know who considers buying a Fractal modeler: it's like Christmas all the time. Many thanks and much much appreciated.

That's incredible; I can't thank you enough for adding this! I can't wait to try it tonight! I was embarrassed to ask for this channel because I seem to be the only one who cares; I saw no other requests going back on this forum! How did you like it when you were playing the real deal? To me it was always the coolest, most badass tone, and I'm itching to have it under my fingers. Man, I'm so excited.
Crazy to me how quickly this got turned around. It feels like it HAS to be a response to your post, but is it that quick to model a channel? That was just a week ago!

Given the recent talk about Mr Timmons, participation by Mr Keeley, and the introduction of the AT drive model in this firmware, it certainly seems related to the Halo pedal.

However if @AlbertA's simulation is close, as folks with experience of the real thing seem to think, there's quite a bit more to it than the multi-tap was capable of before this update. I don't have enough playing time these days to mess with betas and check, but wouldn't it need some additional parameters, not just specific settings?

You worry too much, seriously.

I just added the new MTD-type to Albert's Halo preset (v3), in parallel, turned up Drive a bit in the MTD, and switched between the two using scenes. They sound very close. Albert's version has more modulation going on.

Talking about worries, how to fit the MTD in my already loaded kitchen sink preset?

Here they are both, alternating:

Last edited:
Crazy to me how quickly this got turned around. It feels like it HAS to be a response to your post, but is it that quick to model a channel? That was just a week ago!

I'm sure that channel has so much in common otherwise with the lead channel, it probably made it a ton quicker. Also, since Cliff of course already owns the 5150 block letter, testing the results by ear was also probably very quick. Still, I just felt like this would never happen, just because it seems to be a part of the amp that no one ever talks about!

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p04_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

More Drive block improvements. Drive block now incorporates the “Chase Transform Technique” for converting analog networks to equivalent digital filters. This improves accuracy in the high frequency region.

Added Esoteric Bass RCB and BB Pre AT Drive models.

Update BB Pre Drive model to match latest circuit (version 1.5).

Increased the range of the Level parameters in Multitap Delay to -100% to +100%.

Added cross feedback parameters to Quad Parallel type in Multitap Delay block. Added “Aurora Delay” preset to demonstrate capability.

Added PVH 6160 Crunch model.

Fixed Klone Chiron optional EQ not working.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Can't wait to try out the " CTT " . Thank you Mr Chase and the FAS team for all your dedication towards perfection.

Given the recent talk about Mr Timmons, participation by Mr Keeley, and the introduction of the AT drive model in this firmware, it certainly seems related to the Halo pedal.

However if @AlbertA's simulation is close, as folks with experience of the real thing seem to think, there's quite a bit more to it than the multi-tap was capable of before this update. I don't have enough playing time these days to mess with betas and check, but wouldn't it need some additional parameters, not just specific settings?
When I tried recreating the Halo (and admittedly I didn't get anywhere close), I initially figured the MTD block was the way to go but quickly realized that there was no way to do cross feedback in the existing block. So even if this has nothing to do with the Halo, that functionality was clearly missing/needed in the MTD.

Always nice to have a new BB in the family - methinks this one has a smoother / softer voice than it's brother.

"Refresh after new firmware" has become veeeery slow after this update. Same in the old and new editor.

EDIT: 4th time of of asking, it was quick again. No idea why.

This latest update is AMAZING having a blast - Ill think twice about updating from this version :) huge thanks

Just bought Keyztone pickup pedal is subtle but sounds awesome with AXE - one thing I noticed is it doesnt like compressors nor do I lol - money well spent

Thought it wasn't working until I disabled compressor

Since installing this update (sorry I don't remember what exact version I was coming from) I am always prompted about unsaved changes when switching presets. I do have the option to receive the prompt enabled, but this normally only happens when I make a change to the preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom