Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.04 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the Aurora is just the multi tap delay with specific settings right? Is there a list of the distinct algorithms for delay/verb/modulation? The wiki is pretty sparse on the differences.

Added Esoteric Bass RCB and BB Pre AT Drive models.

Update BB Pre Drive model to match latest circuit (version 1.5).

Increased the range of the Level parameters in Multitap Delay to -100% to +100%.

Added cross feedback parameters to Quad Parallel type in Multitap Delay block. Added “Aurora Delay” preset to demonstrate capability.
This is a Timmons lovefest - awesome! Will be fun working up Timmons presets with these new goodies. Thanks Cliff!

I keep the bass setting on 3 for my BB pre in the unit and it now says 6.25 and sounds bassier. I turned it down and it's fine but I was wondering about the difference. I know it's been updated, just curious why the number is higher.

Drive block now incorporates the “Chase Transform Technique” for converting analog networks to equivalent digital filters. This improves accuracy in the high frequency region.
Does this scale to other types of analog "networks" other than the drive block? It's the bit that caught my attention following hot on the trails of the recently announced CNFB.

so the Aurora is just the multi tap delay with specific settings right? Is there a list of the distinct algorithms for delay/verb/modulation? The wiki is pretty sparse on the differences.
Given the recent talk about Mr Timmons, participation by Mr Keeley, and the introduction of the AT drive model in this firmware, it certainly seems related to the Halo pedal.

However if @AlbertA's simulation is close, as folks with experience of the real thing seem to think, there's quite a bit more to it than the multi-tap was capable of before this update. I don't have enough playing time these days to mess with betas and check, but wouldn't it need some additional parameters, not just specific settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom