Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.03 Release

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/20p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_20p03.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Drive block.

Fixed Amp block Transformer HF being incorrectly set when using two Amp blocks.

Fixed Amp block Bypass state not being set correctly when using Scene Manager in Axe-Edit.

Removed USB Buffer Level meters as they are no longer` applicable.

Various other fixes and improvements.
This was a surprise coming home from work. Thanks Cliff

But we have a jub approximation - i want firmware sunnday ;)
I m actually on holidays, I’m already 2 firmware late 🤣. With some luck we will be in 30.00 when I will be back. Joking .
I have a telecaster and a black star mini fly amp here can’t wait to have my gear back 😅. But yeah these mini black star amps does the job very well for holidays, I think I never tried a better mini amp than this one . Back in the day I was using a metal zone through the Marshall ms2 on holidays 🤣. The blackstar even got a delay and works great to listen to music

Thanks for the updates fractal !

I often wonder -- do improvements to the drive block imply improvements to the amp block when using amps with multiple gain stages? I still have infinity to learn about amp topologies and the like, but isn't a gain stage very similar to a drive pedal? So, wouldn't we also expect to hear improvements in, for example, SLO or Mesa dirty channels, but not on a clean blackface? Am I way off?

I often wonder -- do improvements to the drive block imply improvements to the amp block when using amps with multiple gain stages? I still have infinity to learn about amp topologies and the like, but isn't a gain stage very similar to a drive pedal? So, wouldn't we also expect to hear improvements in, for example, SLO or Mesa dirty channels, but not on a clean blackface? Am I way off?
One is typically tubes, while the other is mostly not (diodes, op amps, transistors etc.).

They all create different sorts of distortion.

Thus, I wonder if CNFB will ever make it into the drives?

Sounds amazing, I just tried it with the Band Commander, wow! Thank you!! Damn, the touch sensitivity with the drive blocks is incredible!

First amp I tried it with, too. Sounds killer.
Updating now, was just coming to ask if there are any particular Klon+Amp pairs I should pay attention to. Is it mostly used for Fenders or MESAs or Marshalls in particular or does it love all amps equally? I get the vibe it goes over best for edge-of-breakup sounds but that is only a guess.

Yoicks!

this is no small deal here. to my ear , the Klone behaves in the same magic manner as the better hardware clone pedals I have tried (Tumnus, Ryra ( just did a quick a/b with ryra)), IMO most effective
at very low gain level as an always-on sweetener/boost/blanket remover.
this is great.

Back
Top Bottom