Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.03 Release

With regard to the raving Klone reviews:

The new Klone model sounds great and it's certainly nice to have it in the box now, with the story surrounding it. But there's nothing magical going on, sound-wise. In fact, with some settings its sound is not far off from the overdriven sound of the Heartpedal 11 model, which has been a favorite of mine for a long time as being one of the most amp-like sounding pedals / models. Moral of the story: don't overlook what's already in the box.

The new Klone model sounds great and it's certainly nice to have it in the box now, with the story surrounding it. But there's nothing magical going on, sound-wise. In fact, with some settings its sound is not far off from the overdriven sound of the Heartpedal 11 model, which has been a favorite of mine for a long time as being one of the most amp-like sounding pedals / models. Moral of the story: don't overlook what's already in the box.
So true….the built in Shimmer Drive is still my favorite in the box……with everything! lol

But the name is everything! :p

I agree that the Klone model sounds great, which was expected and is a welcome addition to the drives, but not something so different or "magical" that would cause me to take out a second mortgage out to buy.

For anyone interested, here's a preliminary version of the Klone Chiron write-up, to be added to my Guide to the Drive models.

EDIT: attachment is updated

Attachments

• Klone Chiron.pdf
    289.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Sounds like the current 11 or past fw’s of the 11? I ask since the whole drive algo got overhauled ;).

Gonna wait for 22.04 (got a pickup swap pending and the A clip is .01) but very curious to try it out.

Really weird, my noise issue with the Klon model disappeared after messing with the bias , then setting it back to 0, now it behaves as expected.. :)
Can you elaborate? I'm having a similar issue, noticeable hiss using the Klone Chiron specifically, I moved the bias up and down and I went away but continues to hiss when set to 0. I know very little about these things, can someone please advise? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom