Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting pops with input dynamics and output compression with dual amp blocks, even when bypassed/muted

Post the preset
This is still happening on 20.02b1. Im getting a gnarly pop on a preset I've been using for years. (Refreshing amps when needed of course.)

If you enable the synth, and increase the volume, the crackling increases. As well as the Input dynamics, and output compression. It can happen with both of them off, if the synth is loud enough. [Be careful, its not musical. (And I know, "don't do that then." But I went years without a pop without "doing that.")]

The pops are worse, but fewer and further between, when you're playing and not trying to trigger them on purpose

No, please! Can it still be made to work as a kind of "SIC lock"?

I have a bunch of SICs I like as is :).

Or said another way, if they get overwritten I will lose what they were. So I'll have to stay on a previous FW to write them all down or take images to try to recreate them. (Poor me.)
This may be common knowledge, but if so, I couldn’t find it, so I apologize for the redundancy:
Is it possible to edit and save our own Speaker Impedance Curves? For example, I know there is a York Audio IR that requires the use of the 212 Zilla cab, but changing the resonant frequency will yeild a more accurate representation. Is it feasible to do this so that a custom Speaker Impedance Curve can be selected without having to make edits?

Is it possible to edit and save our own Speaker Impedance Curves? For example, I know there is a York Audio IR that requires the use of the 212 Zilla cab, but changing the resonant frequency will yeild a more accurate representation. Is it feasible to do this so that a custom Speaker Impedance Curve can be selected without having to make edits?

Nope, all selectable SICs are currently fixed/hardcoded so you can't save a tweaked one as a separate reusable selectable curve in other presets. (Would be cool though.)

Of course you can tweak any given curve in an amp channel and save the preset. And also copy amp channels. But not SICs.

It’s a bug(?) that I’m sure Cliff is aware of. I, along with others have posted about it before, so I wasn’t trying to make a big project out of it. Thanks guys.

Nope, all selectable SICs are currently fixed/hardcoded so you can't save a tweaked one as a separate reusable selectable curve in other presets. (Would be cool though.)

Of course you can tweak any given curve in an amp channel and save the preset. And also copy amp channels. But not SICs.
Got ya! Thanks for the reply! I would love that option if it were feasible! I may have to open a request for that if it hasn’t been done yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom