Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.00

Should i restart the Ampblocks after install the new FW?

Not necessarily. Only the Speaker Drive has changed. The new default value is 2.0, the old one was 0. Just change that parameter if you wish.

If you want to change it all all presets, you can use the batch function of FracTool

BTW: The new Speaker Drive is an excellent nastiness remover.

Interest smoothing also by increasing Speaker Compressor (around 7) and reducing Speaker Time Constant (around 450) . I haven't tried it with cleans yet, but it is great for a hi-gain lead tone using Archean Bright

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Only the Speaker Drive has changed. The new default value is 2.0, the old one was 0. Just change that parameter if you wish.

If you want to change it all all presets, you can use the batch function of FracTool

BTW: The new Speaker Drive is an excellent nastiness remover.

Interest smoothing also by increasing Speaker Compressor (around 7) and reducing Speaker Time Constant (around 450) . I haven't tried it with cleans yet, but it is great for a hi-gain lead tone using Archean Bright
Thanks👍

Could you explain this process please, for dummies. LOL

** Backup all your presets before doing this **

At FracTool Batch Setter
  • Function: Set
  • Block: Amp1
  • Parameter: Spker Dri 2 (the new default value)
  • Conditional: If original value is == 0 (by doing this you avoid changing presets that have a custom value different than the old default)
  • Apply to presets: (select desired range)
  • Apply !
Repeat process for Amp 2
1654332437689.png

Last edited:
** Backup all your presets before doing this **

At FracTool Batch Setter
  • Function: Set
  • Block: Amp1
  • Parameter: Spker Dri 2 (the new default value)
  • Conditional: If original value is == 0 (by doing this you avoid changing presets that have a custom value different than the old default)
  • Apply to presets: (select desired range)
  • Apply !
Repeat process for Amp 2
View attachment 102984
Thank you

I thought there idea was to use AxeEdit for this not FracTool.

See this post from @yek:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-20-00-public-beta-beta-4.184197/post-2267555
Oh. I didn't see that feature when it was implemented. That is a nice addition

The advantage of FracTool is that you can set a conditional, so you only change the parameters that are at the old default. Presets that already have that parameter personalized to other value different than the default are left untouched.

Oh. I didn't see that feature when it was implemented. That is a nice addition

The advantage of FracTool is that you can set a conditional, so you only change the parameters that are at the old default. Presets that already have that parameter personalized to other value different than the default are left untouched.
Agree, conditional setting is a big advantage.

In an ideal world, both tools would be available, and would work without unexpected side effects.

EDIT: The FracTool issue is acknowledged, and will be fixed in a future release. See here.

Really?
Well that’s a shit
Guess I’ll be re installing everything from everywhere soon - bugger
Pauly

Warning: Don't use FracTool Batch Setter to reset the Speaker Drive to the new value! It randomly changes the Amp Channels.

I'll write a bug report at the FracTool thread

Back
Top Bottom