Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta

Getting huge delays in responsiveness of AxeEdit 1.04.01 (Windows 10). Click on a scene change and it takes ages to respond (over 10 seconds) - actually has locked up.

Have rebooted PC and Axe and still the same - AxeEdit 1.04.01 is unusable with this firmware. Its taking 40 seconds for a block control buttons to appear after selecting the block. Should I go back to 1.04.00?

UPDATE - gone back to 11.02_Beta4 and AxeEdit 1.04.01 is working again. Will wait until v12 FW is fixed.

Last edited:
LFO monitors are mega cool.

Optical Tremolo isn’t radically different from the standard type, but it sounds a little more nice and mellow IMO.

Happy with the added Stack / Hold functionality!

Possible bug: when engaging Hold in Reverb or Delay, some kind of hi-freq feedback is generated.

Bug: controls missing on Basic page of OD 250 drive.
Controls missing on advanced page of OD 250 as well

As everyone else has noted, there's a lot here to dive into; but I'm especially looking forward to this:

Added Stack/Hold parameter to Plex Delay and Plex Verb types in the Plex block. When set to STACK incoming audio is stacked on existing audio and held. When set to HOLD existing audio is held.

Changed Hold parameter in Delay block to Stack/Hold (see above).

Changed Hold parameter in Reverb block to Stack/Hold (see above).

Very nice! Thanks! Quick question: Were there any upgrades to the preamp modeling? I was under the impression that we only jumped a full number (ie 11.xx to 12) when there were significant changes to the modeling algorithms.

Hardware or edit?
Both, noticed on hardware first. Also noticing when changing presets some will have the amp, or cab from the last preset until switching to a different scene and back. I haven't resaved them in 12 yet though.

Back
Top Bottom