Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few more days. I updated the Phaser block. All new algorithms. Selectable VCR types (JFET, Photocell). Feedback to any stage (except the last one).

The Vibe is awesome now IMO. Sounds better than my DejaVibe. Plus you can control the response of the photocells and all kinds of cool things.

We're waiting for a few phasers to show up in the mail so we can match them. The MXRs already came in and have been modeled. Waiting on a Bad Stone, Bi-Phase and a couple others.

I'm debating exposing the capacitor values for the vibe stages. I've been experimenting with different virtual values. It's a mystery why the UniVibe uses the values it does but they do sound good. I tried geometric spacing of the values and it sounds pretty cool (i.e. 1, 8, 64, 512 nF). Not sure if anyone would use this. With all the values the same you definitely lose that characteristic sound.
Fantastic!

This is very exciting. I just started working with the Classic Vibe model in the Phaser block and it is just ridiculous fun for a guy who hasn’t had one in ages. I played Bridge of Sighs and Love Hurts using the expression pedal to control rate. Just too cool. Can’t wait for improvements.

Few more days. I updated the Phaser block. All new algorithms. Selectable VCR types (JFET, Photocell). Feedback to any stage (except the last one).

The Vibe is awesome now IMO. Sounds better than my DejaVibe. Plus you can control the response of the photocells and all kinds of cool things.

We're waiting for a few phasers to show up in the mail so we can match them. The MXRs already came in and have been modeled. Waiting on a Bad Stone, Bi-Phase and a couple others.

I'm debating exposing the capacitor values for the vibe stages. I've been experimenting with different virtual values. It's a mystery why the UniVibe uses the values it does but they do sound good. I tried geometric spacing of the values and it sounds pretty cool (i.e. 1, 8, 64, 512 nF). Not sure if anyone would use this. With all the values the same you definitely lose that characteristic sound.

Fan*tastic!

Excited to play with these! Please do expose the capacitor values if it is not too much trouble!

It did feel like I was slightly annoying when I asked if the phaser block was going to get an update like the flanger. Can't say I feel that way anymore :D Super exited for this one!

Made the (small) jump to this beta from 11.01. Those Flangers are stunning! They are so transparent, they don't mess with your tone at all, I love them!

There were a couple of times when I thought the Flanger block was off, but it was more that they were working so well with my tone that they just sounded perfectly transparent (adding the flanger effect without taking away from my tone).

This is awesome Cliff, thank you for such a nice FW!

Set your phasers to awesome!

It did feel like I was slightly annoying when I asked if the phaser block was going to get an update like the flanger. Can't say I feel that way anymore :D Super exited for this one!
I got that sense too about your request 😂 but you were able to explain why you were asking and what you were looking for, not just “the phasers suck” type stuff so thank you! The recent focus on effects makes me wonder if there is more to come in this area.

Had a small stone when it came out, want to hear the Bad Stone, Bi-Phase and MXR's. If the phaser block has a update like the flanger block, wow and thank you Cliff, the vibe update is a big added bonus and I can't wait to hear it. My Robin Trower presets I made are waiting for this update!!!

The vibe rabbit hole made me realize why it's so hard to make a good UniVibe clone. You gotta get the photocells just right. If they're too slow it won't be lumpy and drippy enough. Too fast and it will thump. Use anything but a photocell and it just sounds terrible. I made a virtual UniVibe using JFETs and it was bad.

The Black Cat Vibe and Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe were on my shortlist for a long time. I love the swirly organic effect. But it’s hard to put a vibe to good use. Few songs lend themselves for the effect. And you don’t want to sound like Trower all the time. But: very happy with all the new toys!

Last edited:
The vibe rabbit hole made me realize why it's so hard to make a good UniVibe clone. You gotta get the photocells just right. If they're too slow it won't be lumpy and drippy enough. Too fast and it will thump. Use anything but a photocell and it just sounds terrible. I made a virtual UniVibe using JFETs and it was bad.
Your relentless pursuit in every rabbit hole you’ve entered has changed history, over and over again.

OMG! Are you doing a version of EHX Small stone? Last time I checked mine (V2) was really close to the 8-stage stereo (or what was it called again...) mode with a few tweaks. No idea if it's that much different from the other phasers, but a mono version of that model would be nice if that's somewhat more ideal to emulate the Small Stone.

EDIT: fixed the mode.

Last edited:
This is more interesting than the whole NAMM for me. No point just standing there when you can get stuff done instead :cool:

Last edited:

1578670290611.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom