Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying the actual freq values have changed, or are the slopes incorrect? It looks like functionally/tone-wise nothing should have changed, only copying the existing combined slope parameter to separate ones. If there is an actual bug, please capture it (e.g. with a preset showing before/after updating.)
Not near the fractal atm, but I’ll check out the variables in a few hours.
I loaded a custom JCM 800 preset that I know very well, and it sounded muddy EQ wise, with a loose flubby edge of breakup. Went to the next preset “Friedman” and it was spot on.

Was curious if someone could try to nail the flanger setting on the "Bark at the Moon" solo.
Solo starts at the 2:00 mark.

Reactions: J.C
Randy's tone itself is pretty interesting there. Not very warm, but lots of sizzle and high end for pinch harmonics. The solo seemed to have some panning going on as well. I can barely hear the flanger though. Good luck on the patch. Great stuff!

I wonder if Cliff can fix my horrific phone system at work?! People leave messages in 'mailboxes' that we never get...

I really want to check out the new flangers but anxiously awaiting the non-beta release. Hoping for Friday Cliff update!! NAMM is next week and every year I go, I find NOTHING in the area of amps and effects I want or need since the Axe II. Thanks Fractal!!

I really want to check out the new flangers but anxiously awaiting the non-beta release. Hoping for Friday Cliff update!! NAMM is next week and every year I go, I find NOTHING in the area of amps and effects I want or need since the Axe II. Thanks Fractal!!

Few more days. I updated the Phaser block. All new algorithms. Selectable VCR types (JFET, Photocell). Feedback to any stage (except the last one).

The Vibe is awesome now IMO. Sounds better than my DejaVibe. Plus you can control the response of the photocells and all kinds of cool things.

We're waiting for a few phasers to show up in the mail so we can match them. The MXRs already came in and have been modeled. Waiting on a Bad Stone, Bi-Phase and a couple others.

I'm debating exposing the capacitor values for the vibe stages. I've been experimenting with different virtual values. It's a mystery why the UniVibe uses the values it does but they do sound good. I tried geometric spacing of the values and it sounds pretty cool (i.e. 1, 8, 64, 512 nF). Not sure if anyone would use this. With all the values the same you definitely lose that characteristic sound.

Few more days. I updated the Phaser block. All new algorithms. Selectable VCR types (JFET, Photocell). Feedback to any stage (except the last one).

The Vibe is awesome now IMO. Sounds better than my DejaVibe. Plus you can control the response of the photocells and all kinds of cool things.

We're waiting for a few phasers to show up in the mail so we can match them. The MXRs already came in and have been modeled. Waiting on a Bad Stone, Bi-Phase and a couple others.

I'm debating exposing the capacitor values for the vibe stages. I've been experimenting with different virtual values. It's a mystery why the UniVibe uses the values it does but they do sound good. I tried geometric spacing of the values and it sounds pretty cool (i.e. 1, 8, 64, 512 nF). Not sure if anyone would use this. With all the values the same you definitely lose that characteristic sound.
I think we are finally in The Age of Effect Modeling Overhauls that many have dreamed of!

And there will be a great rejoicing and merriment across the land... :)

This sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to try it out. I wonder how close the new phase or vibe could get to the old Etsey/Magnatone varistor vibrato....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom