Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #2

Dammit, I lost a few presets trying to go back to 11.01 for comparison; every preset I edited in 11.02 beta 1 (the second one) was empty in11.01. Went back to 11.02 beta and still empty.

Vowing to backup before every update from now on.
Backup is my friend!

A full backup including cabs is about 45MB (attached), which is still nothing, relatively speaking. I backup to a location that's sync'd with my Google drive, so I almost immediately have two copies. Better to have them and not need them...

Attachments

• backup.png
    backup.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 24
This is what I'm talking about with the clarity and "immediacy" when it comes to palm mutes. I used the FAS Skull Crusher and lost about two hours of my day. It's crazy how you have that chewiness even with a good amount of low end and the pick attack is clear even with a lot of gain. The clarity definitely reveals my flaws a lot more though. I'm starting to gel with a lot more amps now.

This is what I'm talking about with the clarity and "immediacy" when it comes to palm mutes. I used the FAS Skull Crusher and lost about two hours of my day. It's crazy how you have that chewiness even with a good amount of low end and the pick attack is clear even with a lot of gain. The clarity definitely reveals my flaws a lot more though. I'm starting to gel with a lot more amps now.

Which IR did you use?

yeah that's frkn chewy! dangggggg

..."articulated", "substantive", "objective", "euphonic", "rich", "soundstaging", "accurate", "spatial", "alive", breathing", "coherent", "consonant", "efortless", "fast giving", "floating", "focused", "golden", "musical", "visceral", "weighted", "taut", "texturing", "tight", "involving", "silky", "spacious", "stentorian", "subliminal", "palpable"...

But never ever say that it sounds "great", "cool" or "better". That is uncultivated and primitive :sunglasses: :tearsofjoy:

Meh. Way too many words.

“Erotic”

For me, the temptation to not backup is on account of how long it takes.
sure. that's why i just do one bank and my system. i don't need the user cabs backed up every time, as i don't change them, and i don't need to backup factory presets. takes like 5 minutes or less for me. of course depends on what you need to backup.

but backup.

For me, the temptation to not backup is on account of how long it takes.

We are so impatient (if spoiled) in the information age. Imagine the time and care needed to hand copy books before printing presses. This was the career and life work of some scribes. Imagine the amount of effort to setup movable type in a printing press, page by page.

Now we can transfer GB in seconds (max minutes) and we can't wait. :astonished:

I backup because I've been burned before (in other contexts). I consider it part of maintenance of the device and my peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom