Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #2

Yes!!! Can’t wait to load this up! It’s hard to imagine improving on 11.01, but I’m eager to hear the preamp improvements!

Godzilla 2x12 impedance...NOW ROCKIN!!
You are indeed the man, Mr. C.
This makes me really pumped! Try it out with my Zilla IR’s since that’s that ACTUAL cabinet Matt measured for the impedance curve. I should be finishing up a cab pack right now, but I’m dying to hear to hear this!

Everything sound great except my JVM OD1 green channel. It sounds like it has a big fat fuzz pedal if front of it and very compressed even if I turn the gain down with the master at 4. I looked at the speaker curve and it listed 4x12 basketweave but had the 4x12 rumble curve in it. I switched it out and back to the basketweave and the curve was restored but it still sounds like a fuzz is in front of it. Reset the amp block with no luck. Went back to 11.01 still it still sounded different so I restored my backup and everything is fine

Pretty notable improvements to me on the clean amps (Fender, Vox etc).

Less clear improvement on the high gain stuff, but definitely subtle improvement I'd say.

Am I the only one that finds it really hard to dial in a bad sound anymore?

Just gave it a rip and the difference is pretty noticeable. I don't know if one affects the other, but it sounds like the top end has a little more "immediacy"...if that makes sense. Palm mutes have a little more teeth to them, and the low end feels like it's cleaned up a bit. I'm finding myself turning down my treble or presence a tad and it feels fantastic. Lots of clarity with complex chords even with a lot of gain. REALLY liking the steeper slopes in the cab block for tightening up low end on certain amps. You can still get the thunder without the unwanted rumble.

My ears are happy.

Back
Top Bottom