Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #2

I've been totally blown away by this box...gobsmacked. After downloading this beta, it was the first time I thought...wait, that doesn't sound as good as it did before. Can I go backwards with FW to see if I'm just crazy?

He can be really annoying. Just ignore him!
that's great.

i was being serious though. 11.xx people said it was brighter. but with modeling changes, this can happen. just adjust the treble knob or other similar knobs and it should sound like you want again.

I've been totally blown away by this box...gobsmacked. After downloading this beta, it was the first time I thought...wait, that doesn't sound as good as it did before. Can I go backwards with FW to see if I'm just crazy?

yes you can, but hopefully you made a full backup with Fractal-Bot Receive tab. just re-install the previous firmware 11.01. generally speaking, moving forward always yields better results even if you have to slightly adjust things like treble.

I just spent 2+ hours w/my Matchbox D30 preset (no changes) and my '61 335 Memphis repro...the string response is just incredible. I just rolled between the neck/bridge pickups w/volume/tone control adjustments and was able to go between jazz, blues, and rock w/just one preset/scene! I've never really heard/felt anything like this!

Well, maybe it's a placebo. I did read several responses about the bottom and top changing (before updating), so maybe it's confirmation bias. BTW - I noticed that a majority of the first column of presets have the bright switch engaged...was it like that before?

When I load a preset that uses a Filter and/or PEQ block and look at the graph, it doesn't accurately correspond to the settings. This is happening in Axe-Edit and the front panel:

View attachment 61350

I originally posted this in the Axe-Edit forum, but I'm posting it here because it's also happening via the front panel.

I have the same problem. The values, both at Axe-Edit and the Front Panel, do not correspond with the actual settings. Upon selecting another preset and returning, sometimes the displayed values are correct, sometimes not, and it is required to re-select the preset two or three times until the right values ares shown.

images

Last edited:
I love how people hear things that aren't there.
Who knows? Maybe they perceive the additional headroom as an increase in trebles. Pick attack spikes have quite a bit of high frequency content, as do square waves. Increased headroom or resolution would likely change the way the peaks and sharp corners of things are expressed. Also, though there are likely general tendencies, each person is a unique specimen and mix of physical, perceptual, and psycholigical makeups based on their journey through this life....

To make no mistake, just use some audiophile abstract lingo like "organic", "airy", "analytical", "balanced", "uncongested", "forwarded", "open". You will always be seen as an expert :p
I am reminded of a scene from the movie 'French Kiss', where Kate is asked by Luc to describe the wine.... :D

To make no mistake, just use some audiophile abstract lingo like "organic", "airy", "analytical", "balanced", "uncongested", "forwarded", "open", "vegan".... You will always be seen as an expert :p

..."articulated", "substantive", "objective", "euphonic", "rich", "soundstaging", "accurate", "spatial", "alive", breathing", "coherent", "consonant", "efortless", "fast giving", "floating", "focused", "golden", "musical", "visceral", "weighted", "taut", "texturing", "tight", "involving", "silky", "spacious", "stentorian", "subliminal", "palpable"...

But never ever say that it sounds "great", "cool" or "better". That is uncultivated and primitive :sunglasses: :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Guess some of us hear better than others.
Not if it’s not there though?

It’s very true we all perceive things differently, but that could be our minds telling us what to hear. If there was factually no change and someone hears something different, then is that hearing better?

we all have to learn how to hear as well. when i started playing guitar, i didn't hear the difference between neck and bridge pickups. now i wonder how that was even possible haha. i know people who can't hear a difference between a marshall and a boogie, a vox and a fender, a clean tone and a edge-of-breakup tone, a kemper vs an axe-fx. etc etc. you name it. we can't hear certain things unless we learn how to, or what to listen for. some people can't hear the difference between a C and a C7 chord. it is what it is, until we learn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom