Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06

Provide example presets and detailed steps to reproduce and we will look at it.
OG Post: Yesterday

So this is kinda weird: If I am on this preset, first pitch block off, then I go down one preset then back up to the attached preset the first pitch block is on when it was saved off. If I go up one preset and back down to the attached preset the first pitch block is off. It happens every time. I am running into this on other presets with two pitch blocks.

This happens via FC12 and AXE-Edit

See attached preset:

Attachments​

• Brit JVM OD1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
UPDATE: I have scene ignore on and save it as on, power down and back up it is off. See Capo D JVM

Attachments

• Brit JVM OD1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
  • JVM CAPO D.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
OG Post: Yesterday

So this is kinda weird: If I am on this preset, first pitch block off, then I go down one preset then back up to the attached preset the first pitch block is on when it was saved off. If I go up one preset and back down to the attached preset the first pitch block is off. It happens every time. I am running into this on other presets with two pitch blocks.

This happens via FC12 and AXE-Edit

See attached preset:

Attachments​

• Brit JVM OD1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
I have just tried this with Axe-Edit and my FC-6. I am not experiencing this. I have no Global CS or Midi attached and no CS Per Scene assigned either. Hope this helps in some way.

I have just tried this with Axe-Edit and my FC-6. I am not experiencing this. I have no Global CS or Midi attached and no CS Per Scene assigned either. Hope this helps in some way
The Preset is tied to a setlist and a song. No sure if that means anything or not.

The Preset is tied to a setlist and a song. No sure if that means anything or not.
I just put the preset in to a Setlist and a Song. It didn't change anything on my unit. I am still not experiencing what you are. Hopefully others will be able to check out the preset and we can get to the bottom of it.

I just put the preset in to a Setlist and a Song. It didn't change anything on my unit. I am still not experiencing what you are. Hopefully others will be able to check out the preset and we can get to the bottom of it.
Just making sure you are looking at Pitch Block 1 it doesn't happen with Pitch Block 2 with me. I just deleted the block for now, I had to pack everything up and heading out for a show.

@FractalAudio found a bug in the FC behavior in this release.

I have a Tuner function on a hold setting on a switch:

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 9.15.12 AM.png

And I have another switch set to reveal hold in toggle mode like so:

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 9.14.35 AM.png

If I reveal hold and then use the tuner switch to enter the tuner, I cannot use the tuner switch again to exit the tuner from the revealed view. I have to leave the revealed view and doing a long press on the tuner switch to access it as a held function to leave the tuner.

Layout is attached.

Attachments

• EFFECTS 1.fclayout
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
Seems I found a bug with MIDI block - it does not send PC messages when scene is changed. If I use test button in MIDI block it does send the message. The MIDI thru port works correctly - it passes the MIDI messages from upstream devices and sends PC's from Fractal. Anyone noticed it too?

Edit:

Just checked with some older preset and it works correctly. Very strange...

Here is a question from a Newb...Have pushed the new firmware several times now, however, the presets all look the same as when I got the unit not quite a year ago. What am I doing wrong ? Thanks in advance to whomever answers this !

Here is a question from a Newb...Have pushed the new firmware several times now, however, the presets all look the same as when I got the unit not quite a year ago. What am I doing wrong ? Thanks in advance to whomever answers this !
Firmware doesn't change the presets appearance.

What were you expecting to change?

Seems I found a bug with MIDI block - it does not send PC messages when scene is changed. If I use test button in MIDI block it does send the message. The MIDI thru port works correctly - it passes the MIDI messages from upstream devices and sends PC's from Fractal. Anyone noticed it too?

Edit:

Just checked with some older preset and it works correctly. Very strange...

Could you post one of the presets where PC message is not sent?

I have been thinking that every time you push a new firmware update it will give you the new presets they have added in the firmware. My thinking is incorrect ? For instance, Doug B on YouTube shows the "Wreckers" preset as being a certain # and my Wreckers is in a different location. Not sure how it actually works !

Also, somewhere I have seen a preset for a "Dumble" amp and when I put the presets in alphabetical order the is nothing under "D" for dumble.

Think of presets as "Files" and firmware as the "Operating System". When you update the firmware (OS) your presets (files) are not overwritten.

Preset updates are posted separately to Firmware updates and are files you simply transfer to your unit. Updating FW does not update your presets

I have been thinking that every time you push a new firmware update it will give you the new presets they have added in the firmware. My thinking is incorrect ? For instance, Doug B on YouTube shows the "Wreckers" preset as being a certain # and my Wreckers is in a different location. Not sure how it actually works !
New Factory presets were released on March 8th, which may explain why Wreckers is in a different location on your Axe-Fx III. You can download the updated presets here:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...x-3/19p0/Axe-Fx-III-Factory-Presets-19p04.zip

Thanks for watching!

Back
Top Bottom