Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

You don't assign functions to stand-in switches. You assign it to an existing switch in one of your layouts that it will "stand in" for. Point it to whichever switch in your layouts is set up to control the tuner.
I changed this setting and now everything is back to working like I had it before. Not sure why the switches got changed. But all is good now.IMG_7374 copy.jpg

That works, but has nothing to do with Stand-In switches. It's intended for use with an expression pedal, hence the "heel down" part. That said, a closed switch is effectively the same as an expression pedal at heel down since the tip and sleeve connectors are basically shorted together at that point.

I think some folks mistakenly use "Stand-In Switch" to refer to any external switch, and that adds to the confusion. Stand-In switches are just one possible use for external switches via the FC Controllers menu. External switches can also be assigned directly to other functions such as modifier sources or in the MIDI/Remote menu as you've done above. In other words, not all external switches are Stand-In switches. Not trying to split hairs, but rather offer some clarification so others don't have the same confusion.

Last edited:
Because I don't play live, I thought at first that I have no need for the new feature. But reading and thinking more about it I suddenly got the idea to use it for making preset lists for each of my guitars. A while ago I started doing this in a conventional way by taking notes, but this is of course much more convenient.

That works, but has nothing to do with Stand-In switches. It's intended for use with an expression pedal, hence the "heel down" part. That said, a closed switch is effectively the same as an expression pedal at heel down since the tip and sleeve connectors are basically shorted together at that point.

I think some folks mistakenly use "Stand-In Switch" to refer to any external switch, and that adds to the confusion. Stand-In switches are just one possible use for external switches via the FC Controllers menu. External switches can also be assigned directly to other functions such as modifier sources or in the MIDI/Remote menu as you've done above. In other words, not all external switches are Stand-In switches. Not trying to split hairs, but rather offer some clarification so others don't have the same confusion.
Yes you are correct. My bad for calling it stand in. I meant external switch. Thanks.

I confirmed the discrepancies you reported and this is being fixed today.

The character limit should be 10 characters in all cases: Setlist Name, Song Name, and Section Name.

Thanks @DougB415
Hi Matt
I‘ve reported this since the page 8 of the topic.
I think you miss something about the song names sections and nb of characters ..?
Thanks a lot for the new setlist/songs add. it's so easy to create a setlist.
it woud be interesting to increase to 18/20 characters the song name fo use more fully the main FC display,
15 truncates the song names too much imho
Actually 9 characters is used for the section names, why not push up to 10 characters like it's writing in the mini manual to fill the mini display screens?

Another practical use of the new feature: Auditioning and selecting scenes.

I was searching for the right "clean" tone, I narrowed down my selection to 4 clean tones within different presets. So I made a Song with all the cleans to switch faster between them and chose the right one.

The more I use this feature, the more I love it!

I‘ve reported this since the page 8 of the topic.
I think you miss something about the song names sections and nb of characters ..?
As stated in the mini-manual, Setlist Names, Song Names, and Section Names are all to be ten characters.
This has been corrected for the next build.
This is a good compromise between usage of available memory and intelligibility, and it fills the 10-character mini display. It also leaves a little room for future expansion of this feature-- adding a song tempo is something we're possibly looking into.

As stated in the mini-manual, Setlist Names, Song Names, and Section Names are all to be ten characters.
This has been corrected for the next build.
This is a good compromise between usage of available memory and intelligibility, and it fills the 10-character mini display. It also leaves a little room for future expansion of this feature-- adding a song tempo is something we're possibly looking into.
Tempo would be very handy.

This feature is very cool, thank you Cliff and Fractal.

Glad to hear that tempo per section is on the table.

How about layout per section?
Seems super useful to me.

This song/setlist feature is really, really cool, a great implementation. I am actually a little jealous that I won't be using it because it looks so cool, but my BandHelper workflow does all this for me, as well as lights and mixer midi control - so if it ain't broke... but I can see where this would be a huge add for some of us. I'll be messing around with it, see if I can find other uses like the favorite presets and such

Cudos to the team for such great work.

FAS put me back on the path to the stage, so a song/setlist implementation is only the best thing at the best time. Our first gig is 05/07. Talk about great timing.

For the record I owe all of this to FAS. If I hadn't checked out the FM3 last July I wouldn't be carrying a Turbo to rehearsal tomorrow. My guitars would all be collecting dust. It's really that simple. Cygnus made me have to play guitar.
This is a cover band that covers a TON of territory so I get to pluck out another perfect amp for every song. My live tone just through the Heardrush 108s keeps me slightly afloat with a permanent smile.

Also, I can't wait to hear the new improvements to the power sections (to oversimplify a bit). Now I have to learn to be responsible and keep everything backed up and I think I won't be changing firmware less than five days before rehearsal. Otherwise I'd have installed it already!

Really, how did they know I needed this setlist? :p (I know it was all of you begging for it all this time, thank you too!)

@Admin M@

Is it possible or would it be possible in the future to call via midi the set lists and songs, with a different controller for example Morningstar, recently added an option to their firmware "fractal integration" where all the preset names and scenes are reflected in the midi controller which is a real wonder, could the same be achieved with the set lists and songs?

Thanks to FAS team for great job and support of axe-fx3 users.
I think setlist is a great feature for a lot of us.
Now I just need that external FC12 switches and expressions pedals can send midi cc/pc signals to external modules via midi-din output.
I know it is in the roadmap from at least 1/2 years so hope it will be on the next release as possible.
Thanks!
Gekomax

Thanks FAS for all you're hard work. I have an EVH 5150 III stealth half stack and a Peavey invective 120 half stack and I haven't touched either one since I got my axe-fx3. That's saying something. Love your product and your commitment to your customers.

Very happy with set/songlist and the continious fw-development is awesome and unparallelled.
Silently hope FAS finds a way to somehow extend the number of sections and, secondly, the number of songs but still impressed with the way this feature has been implemented.

Back
Top Bottom