Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06 Public Beta

Is there any way to use Set lists with MIDI? I tried to look at the MIDI setup menu but can't find the Set list functions there like you have for preset/scene changes.

I hope audiences for you cover band players realise how fortunate they are nowadays, pre axe fx, a guitar player would turn up with one amp & a few pedals and have to play all genres of music on that, with close onto 700/800 sounds available on a setlist etc then wow should be just like the record at every stage
Oddly sometimes I switch my back track player to 'shuffle' and challenge myself to play along to whatever comes up and stay just on my one preset..only 100 or so songs , all types of clean to full on dirt etc, and never really a problem to do that
Not criticizing at all, as I think the axe being so versatile has allowed the real attention to detail types to get every section of a song pretty close to the record. But I do wonder how many times people watching a good guitar player think 'oh dear his middle 8 section wasnt just quite like the record'..think most with just a good clean/crunch /Dirt can cover most songs well from the audiences perspective in a bar /club
Amazed at the effort you guys must go to to program all that amount of sounds, tip of the hat too you...I got gobsmacked mucking about with fremen & Burgs presets ,and the effort that goes into to those.
My brain struggle hugely with too much choice, for me too much = paralysis = I go off and do something else , as my little brain cannot cope with so much choice!
But heyo , this functionality is great , the axe is great ..think i just need a bigger brain & more time to be able to optimize it

Is there any way to use Set lists with MIDI? I tried to look at the MIDI setup menu but can't find the Set list functions there like you have for preset/scene changes.
I'd like to know also (sorry if its answered in the thread somewhere and I didn't notice) - I don't have FC (still using mfc) but may make use of setlist functions via midi.

I was just answering a weird question. I wrote about how I admire musicians that remember a hundred songs and you asked what would happen when somebody in the audience makes a request and I have to shuffle my setlist. Perhaps I misunderstood the (rethorical?) question, but sorry English is not my native language.

Anyway, I personally hate when there are iPads or music stands on stage. Looks very unprofessional, unless you are one of those horn players sight reading :)
I could not agree more!! Unreal so many musicians have adapted to putting an ipad and or music stand with lyrics and song books. Total JV and American idol, karaoke singers now fronting live bands. Best vocalist including maddison square bedroom. It all became so accepted with the acoustic artist, then it carried over to the live bands. What's next, guitarist play along with an iPad and youtube clips on stage so they dont have to memorize the music and or lyrics.

I could not agree more!! Unreal so many musicians have adapted to putting an ipad and or music s td and with lyrics and song books. It all became a so accepted with the acoustic artist, then it ccx arried over to the live bands. What's next, guitarist going to.play along withan iPad and youtube clips on stage so they dont have to memorize the music and or lyrics.
I have zero chance of remembering lyrics. Also zero desire to do so. All my favorite bands have teleprompters too, so doesnt bother me at all. But I see it as a help, not stare down at it all night.

I have zero chance of remembering lyrics. Also zero desire to do so. All my favorite bands have teleprompters too, so doesnt bother me at all. But I see it as a help, not stare down at it all night.
Its obviously ok by many, I see it lots of live bands. Always the newer generations, a teleprompter at least doesn't advertise it so it's not advertising you just cant cut it. The real insult is when the I see people in the audience singing the words while the band performs, why dont they need a lyric sheet? Hell they aren't even in the band. Unreal. Sorry I know this is the wrong place for this. Just give me a guitar and buttons to press, I dont need to remember anything , just how to press a footswitch lol. If I were given a voice to entertain I can guarantee it would mean more to me than any excuse not to learn what I am singing and memorize it.

Last edited:
Oh, Fractal Team, you gave us a great new functionality.

Yes, it took it's time to be realized and some of us sometimes were a little unpatience in between.
But @Admin M@ always kept us encouraged.

And, indeed, time has come ....

Now we have 4 Songlists / Setlists.

And it's a great benefit that you are able to mix-and-match Sets, Songs, Sections and Scenes, depending on the needs of your workflow.

It's such an immense pleasure to act and play using this feature.

Last, not least, at this point I want to thank the whole team for their relentless and restless work to get this fabulous modeler even better almost every week. Though at some points it seemed impossible to me to make it even better. The Fractal Team always proved, they can.

And, Members of the Forum, please aks yourself honestly: have you ever experienced a better and more frequently support in Music Business ?
And particularly to mention: all this great work and benefits without any additional fee.

IMO, I have never seen a better support in a long life as musician.

So, from the very bottom of my heart:

"Thank you".

I think the Setlist / Song functionality is so great, and perfect especially to keep presets from duplicating just to keep tones in a particular order, for one instance. What a fantastic way to organize your tones in order, and to bypass what I used to do, which was to set up per preset FC layouts to tap between scenes in weird orders. That worked great, but this is so much better. :)

I’m struck again at how great of an investment Fractal gear is, that the Axe-FX III and an FC truly is all you need other than your guitar itself. I always thought Bob Bradshaw was cool, but, as Hannibal Lector wrote to Francis Dolarhyde, Cliff has inherited his mantle and surpassed his achievements.

Can't you just switch to the Scenes layout if you need accesss to all 8 scenes? Then switch back to the the SS layout at end of song.

I‘m using a Per-Preset layout and define scenes in order how i need them in my songs (post rock with long songs and many sections). I hoped to get a solution to one-button iterate through a custom list of scenes - if it were a list of sections instead of a prewired set of 6, even that would be possible 😁

I‘m using a Per-Preset layout and define scenes in order how i need them in my songs (post rock with long songs and many sections). I hoped to get a solution to one-button iterate through a custom list of scenes - if it were a list of sections instead of a prewired set of 6, even that would be possible 😁

I worry about one button only solutions. What if you’re at a gig and you accidentally press a button twice? I like to have at least a backup button to allow me to move back one also. I think for songs that require more than six tones it’s not a big deal to switch to a new song button, and label it Sctns7-12, etc.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p06_beta1.zip

NOTE: Starting with firmware 19.06, Axe-Edit III 1.11.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-00-to-support-fw-19-06-public-beta-1.182924/

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Fixed Amp block output transformer turns ratio being incorrectly calculated.
How will this present tonally? And, specifically how will the DC30 change?

How will this present tonally? And, specifically how will the DC30 change?

I've heard it as a smoothness in the high end. E.g., I was dialing in the Plexi 6AC7 with OCD or 1981 pedal to my bridge pickup, but when I'd switch to the neck, it was often pretty harsh. Since the update, those same presets sound great with the bridge or the neck pickup. And for the 5150, I found it playing better with many different IRs.

Sorry I’m very late to the party. Forgive my ignorance but I use a very simple approach when playing live shows with my band and have a very basic knowledge of the AxE in general. What I’d like to do is have my songs in a column and a set list in the other column. All my songs have scenes and I don’t need sections. I simply would like to drag songs from the song column and put them in sequence of the order of the sets we’re playing (our sets are never the same).Then I could just preset+ for the next song from the FC12.
Is this something possible with this update? Hope that makes sense? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom