Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if it's possible to have some text in say axe edit when the models of certain things are selected making the user aware of little things like this......for eg
The status bar at the bottom of Axe-Edfit was designed not only for the "please wait" messages, but is for parameter based tool tips. (This hasn't been implemented yet.) It was never intended to show a different tip based on the value of any parameter, but I can see how "Amp Type" might be a good application for this.

The status bar at the bottom of Axe-Edfit was designed not only for the "please wait" messages, but is for parameter based tool tips. (This hasn't been implemented yet.) It was never intended to show a different tip based on the value of any parameter, but I can see how "Amp Type" might be a good application for this.

Sounds great Matt! As always you guys think of everything even if it's not yet implemented!

Thanks for the reply, hope you guys are doing well and hopefully these tool tips can make their way into our lives soon👍

Post in thread 'Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.02 Public Beta' https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...version-19-02-public-beta.181521/post-2226344

The whole "The default mode is Authentic and if you aren't prepared to deal with controls that may not do anything you should use that mode." bit sounds a bit less than friendly....

That doesn't sound unfriendly at all.

Why is it that, because some of you are in IT/Programming, you think your opinions should carry more weight than those of other people? Do you work for FAS? If not, no-one here cares what you do for a living.

I think the controls are fine as they are. 19.02 sounds fantastic.

dunno about the words choice but does this statement not align with what authenitic mode was designed to address? Users wanted a simple mode that only contained controls one would find on the real amps, and where they would not be confronted with too much other scary stuff. So...
So authentic mode was created to provide a simplified view. That doesn't excuse presenting non-functional controls on another page.

Seriously I laugh reading the latest pages .
Are they really 2 camp about this ? Some want the grey knob when inactive and some want controls that don’t act ? 🤣.
Some want … controls that …. Don’t works ? 🤣

Ok . I m building a guitar with 4 output jacks . Only one will works . I think I have a public for that . Who wants one ? Who will be the guy who takes notes in all my models because yeah, I will change the working output jack in all my models ! Who needs to spent time in his life ? You ? Ok the pre sales are open 🤣.

Seriously I laugh reading the latest pages .
Are they seriously 2 camp about this ? Some want the grey knob when inactive and some want controls that don’t act ? 🤣.
Some want … controls that …. Don’t works ? 🤣

Ok . I m building a guitar with 4 output jacks . Only one will works . I think I have a public for that . Who wants one ? Who will be the guy who takes notes in all my models because yeah, I will change the working output jack in all my models ! Who needs to spent time in his life ? You ? Ok the pre sales are open 🤣.
4 output jacks? Now that’s one way to piss off your roadie. 😂

The roadie ? I will tell him to read the manual !
This ignorant ! Everyone knows that only output 3 is working in the #5643 model and that 2 is from the #7654 model !

I m also doing a fx Line with pedals with 4 gain knobs but only one will work ! And if you get wrong 3 times : electrocution mode ! Who wants one ?

I m not mocking fractal there, don’t get me wrong but the guys that after a « it smells shit in your car » answer that is good for your nose .

Last edited:
« Doesn’t excuse « is a verbal expression ……. Not that fractal should excuse himself about that, but about people that try to « excuse » an UI error with whatever incredible arguments .
Some guys have a serious problem when you notice or point a problem In this product wow . Even when it’s obvious .

So authentic mode was created to provide a simplified view. That doesn't excuse presenting non-functional controls on another page.
just not sure where this goes next - will it be "excusable" to have controls that do very little? and so those should be colored green or blue? All this UI nattering and fussing tells me that maybe we really have arrived at sonic nirvana and folks are lacking for something to wish for lol!

just not sure where this goes next - will it be "excusable" to have controls that do very little? and so those should be colored green or blue? All this UI nattering and fussing tells me that maybe we really have arrived at sonic nirvana and folks are lacking for something to wish for lol!
Sprint, wake up . We are talking about useless knob in an interface .
Some guys are trying to defend useless knobs in an interface !!! 🤣🤦.

That’s sad we don’t live close because I cannot imagine these guys drunk in a party when they are like this clean . Or maybe they are drunk behind their computers 🤣.

That’s sad we don’t live close because I cannot imagine these guys drunk in a party when they are like this clean . Or maybe they are drunk behind their computer 🤣.
The defense is really down to where people prefer fractal spend the time. Revamping UI controls or new features. I may be the rare person who feels that making controls disabled when they do nothing is a higher priority to me than anything new. Not everyone agrees I guess.

"Worry"? Seriously? I'm just pointing one doesn't logically follow from the other. Don't jump to the conclusion that it's some kind of criticism.

Glenn, about "doesn't excuse": maybe it's a language thing and if that's so, I apologize for misinterpreting. But wouldn't that have to be: "doesn't explain"? Excuse is moral, explain is factual, but I'm happy to be corrected.

And "worry": yes, in the sense of complaining and demands. I see a lot of that lately. It makes no sense to me. There's a difference between requests and demands.

That’s sad we don’t live close because I cannot imagine these guys drunk in a party when they are like this clean . Or maybe they are drunk behind their computers 🤣.
I'm part of the old group here! - we're used to useless knobs so it don't bother us anywhoo - you younguns r all obsessed with yur knobs.

Well thanks for the laugh guys . It was cool to laugh after watching on tv this Russian shit thing that happens . Today I ve bough myself a classical guitar in a pawn shop so I will play a little . Have a nice day you all.

Glenn, about "doesn't excuse": maybe it's a language thing and if that's so, I apologize for misinterpreting. But wouldn't that have to be: "doesn't explain"? Excuse is moral, explain is factual, but I'm happy to be corrected.

And "worry": yes, in the sense of complaining and demands. I see a lot of that lately. It makes no sense to me. There's a difference between requests and demands.
Yes, it’s a language issue. Sorry, I wasn’t aware there’s been a problem with complaints lately. Don’t take it out on me 😀.

Personally, I would prefer to have evidence of controls that work and those that are disabled.

They might be grayed out, they might be locked, they might not be there at all.

I realize it involves extra work for both Axe-Edit and the front panel, but hey...I really don't have any other software/hardware where there are controls I push, menus I open, knobs I turn for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom