Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

No. I'm wanting to skip the issues I've heard of increased CPU usage in 17.00, and Cliff has said that 17.01 is optimized to be better at CPU usage than 16.05. That's all I meant.
Ha ! So you don’t have tried the “improvement” yet ok. I believed you had

Ha ! So you don’t have tried the “improvement” yet ok. I believed you had
No not yet. I can wait. :rolleyes:
I'm eager to try it though, mainly for the Pitch Block and the reprise of Buttery. But I've read enough about it that I just wanna skip this one. C'mon Cliff! ;) :guitar: :pager:
I think you said you like the new Drive(s)? I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference. This thing just has SO MUCH STUFF under the hood. It's like a muscle car, a race car, a luxury car, a pickup truck, and, and, and,... all rolled into one. And whichever one you want to drive today is at the touch of a button!

I may have just come across a bug relating to specific settings of the Multitap Delay block.

Not sure if it should be posted here or in a separate thread, please advise.

While testing out some of @2112's blocks from the glorious block library he shared with us all I had my AXE-FX III lock up when adjusting some settings with a particular saved block.

I managed to re-create this several times with his saved block (Faux Rotary) and the issue persists when I recreated that block from scratch in a new preset. I saved it and attached it here. The settings are an edge case I'm sure but I stumbled across them pretty quick while messing around from Leon's starting point.

A few seconds after loading this block the AXE-FX III will become unresponsive, I/O meters frozen, some digital beeps and a nice high pitched sine wave wine then on some occasions the display went white. After a restart all is back to normal provided the block isn't saved in the preset that is automatically loaded on start up.

Test this out at your own risk, providing it so it can be investigated if need be.

Edit: Preset attached - commercial user cab in use, not included - ML Legends M55 mix.
Multitap block was in the upper row between the delay and reverb, this preset is essentially a template I made as a starting point preset suitable for AXE-FX III and FM3.

Attachments

• Issue_20211007_134233.blk
    1.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Starting AXE-FX III and FM3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I may have just come across a bug relating to specific settings of the Multitap Delay block.

While testing out some of @2112's blocks from the glorious block library he shared with us all I had my AXE-FX III lock up when adjusting some settings with a particular saved block.

I managed to re-create this several times with his saved block (Faux Rotary) and the issue persists when I recreated that block from scratch in a new preset. I saved it and attached it here. The settings are an edge case I'm sure but I stumbled across them pretty quick while messing around from Leon's starting point.

A few seconds after loading this block the AXE-FX III will become unresponsive, I/O meters frozen, some digital beeps and a nice high pitched sine wave wine then on some occasions the display went white. After a restart all is back to normal provided the block isn't saved in the preset that is automatically loaded on start up.

Test this out at your own risk, providing it so it can be investigated if need be.

I've loaded your block, messed with the parameters for a while, but nothing strange happens.

Is the CPU in a safe level? Maybe attach your preset

I've loaded your block, messed with the parameters for a while, but nothing strange happens.

Is the CPU in a safe level? Maybe attach your preset
Interesting, the presets I replicated the issue on were nothing interesting. All less than 60% CPU.

I’m away from my desk for a bit but will post a preset I had the issue with later today.

The issue seemed to be tied to raising the mix level of the block over 40-60%.

Thanks for checking it out @Piing, appreciate it.

In this firmware, Virtual Capo sounds darker than I remember. This is with tuning down 1 whole step. Wonder if that's related to the pitch algorithm changes or if it's a bug.

Sorry if this is already a known issue. When I bring up the tuner in Axe-Edit III it's not muting the audio or displaying the tuner on the unit. The tuner does display and work in the application, just not muting the audio. When I enable the tuner on the hardware, audio is muted as configured and the unit displays the tuner, but axe edit does not. I'm on a Mk1.

Maybe it's something particular to me?

EDIT : I see in the Axe Edit forum that this is a known issue that will be fixed in next release. Sorry for the noise, as you were...

Last edited:
Sorry if this is already a known issue. When I bring up the tuner in Axe-Edit III it's not muting the audio or displaying the tuner on the unit. The tuner does display and work in the application, just not muting the audio. When I enable the tuner on the hardware, audio is muted as configured and the unit displays the tuner, but axe edit does not. I'm on a Mk1.

Maybe it's something particular to me?
Nope this happened to me as well. Had to re-enable tuner mute.

Edit: Preset attached - commercial user cab in use, not included - ML Legends M55 mix.
Multitap block was in the upper row between the delay and reverb, this preset is essentially a template I made as a starting point preset suitable for AXE-FX III and FM3.
This has been fixed for the next release. For now don't put the Delay Times at minimum.

Back
Top Bottom