Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00

not a fan boy by any means axe 2 received last update in 2019 it was a product launched in 2011. Some farfetched illogical explanations on this thread about not receiving updates anymore for mk1,2 makes everybody think some of y'all are trolls.
to be honest i dont go crazy with updates,i havent update my mark 1 in months,im on firmware 15,if my presets sound fine i dont have the need to update,some people get crazy with updates

Who is sayign it will not get better? both mk1,2 will get 18,19,20,21 and alot more firmwares . Infact axe 2 received its last update well after axe 3 launched.
Fractal: NOTE: The FullRes User IR bank is only available on the Axe-Fx III Mark II. The original Axe-Fx III has less non-volatile memory and therefore does not have the necessary resources to store the IRs. The Scratchpad bank supports FullRes IRs but the data will be lost when the unit is powered off.
I'm not interested in: turbo, colored logo, different display, more presets. But no features: The FullRes User IR bank, worries me. That's all.

Therefore, you should carefully consider whether to buy anything new from Fractal at all. After all, it may not work with the new software in a moment.
Now we have FX III Mark I, Mark II, Mark II Turbo, and maybe in a week's time there will be Mark II Turbo Extra?
It was similar with FM3. First without a headphone output, then a version with a headphone output.
I wonder what awaits those who have just bought FM9?
IMHO does not build trust in this manufacturer.
Honestly I don’t get it…
Why not enjoying what you have?
I played the last few hours with the new Full Res IR with my MKII and just for me I can say that this is nothing that I really need.
Of course it sounds great but I doesn’t fit what I need.
Same with the MKII Turbo, none of my Presets are over 70% , so there is no need to upgrade to the MK II Turbo.
Why not just enjoying still the best unit on the market?

Honestly I don’t get it…
Why not enjoying what you have?
I played the last few hours with the new Full Res IR with my MKII and just for me I can say that this is nothing that I really need.
Of course it sounds great but I doesn’t fit what I need.
Same with the MKII Turbo, none of my Presets are over 70% , so there is no need to upgrade to the MK II Turbo.
Why not just enjoying still the best unit on the market?
Take it easy :) I was satisfied. Now. But I know the improvements are over now (Mark I).

Fractal: NOTE: The FullRes User IR bank is only available on the Axe-Fx III Mark II. The original Axe-Fx III has less non-volatile memory and therefore does not have the necessary resources to store the IRs. The Scratchpad bank supports FullRes IRs but the data will be lost when the unit is powered off.
I'm not interested in: turbo, colored logo, different display, more presets. But no features: The FullRes User IR bank, worries me. That's all.
Why are the full res ir's such a game breaker? you can still load them up in a studio/bedroom scenario and use them aslong as you want before turning off . Full res ir's will sound garbage live, because thats not what they are for.

From whatever i understand the fx blocks and amp additions hardly take up space ,but they stress the cpu. there are no blocks exclusive, between different axe 3 units.
ultra high res reverbs and full res cab irs are the biggest cpu taxing blocks.

MK1 will still get all the updates, to the amp modelling drives andfx.
Its extremely wrong to say improvements are over , based on one exception when all other additions of the update were still available to everyone.

Hi there - just a couple of questions on Full Res IR's ( I bought an Axefx 3 mk2 new in Europe 3 weeks ago ).

I am about to start using it to gig not record and so far my kitchen sink preset with great reverbs on high quality uses max 73% cpu.

Please forgive me if I am missing obvious information -but firstly what is a full res IR and is it for recording mainly?

Secondly are there any available from fractal yet?

Thirdly if I wanted to use them can someone approximate how much extra cpu i would need ?

thanks and best wishes

Nick

Hi there - just a couple of questions on Full Res IR's ( I bought an Axefx 3 mk2 new in Europe 3 weeks ago ).

I am about to start using it to gig not record and so far my kitchen sink preset with great reverbs on high quality uses max 73% cpu.

Please forgive me if I am missing obvious information -but firstly what is a full res IR and is it for recording mainly?

Secondly are there any available from fractal yet?

Thirdly if I wanted to use them can someone approximate how much extra cpu i would need ?

thanks and best wishes

Nick

Full Res IRs are basically for "amp in the room" sounds. More or less convolution reverb that you can mix in with your existing tones. May or may not be actually useful to you. None from Fractal just yet. There's a beta thread where Valhalla IR provided some free IRs to try. Similar results can be found with the Reverb block. IIRC, they use ~12% more CPU.

Back
Top Bottom