Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 4

The pack is not released yet, it will be available somewhere in October, I read..
Thank you for the information. I've found the CAB model:

"The 2 provided Freebie room IRs belong to a previously unreleased cab pack named "V2-Viper", which is based on a Marshall Mode 4 oversized cab, crossloaded with 2 WGS Reaper 50 HP and 2 WGS Veteran 30 speakers. This cab pack will be released to the end of October"

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...r-sample-trueres-impulses.177044/post-2153798

Really enjoying the FullRes samples! I typically use headphones in the evenings while playing/practicing at home, and have my studio monitors turned down due to having tenants downstairs. I literally had to check multiple times last night, that I didn't have my monitors turned up because it sounded like they were with my headphones on. :grinning:

I hadn't realised but I've just uploaded into the scratchpad on my MK1 and they certainly sound like they are FullRes.... I just followed the instructions in the first post selecting scratchpad 1 and 2.

No idea on 1.... I'm blending with your VH20 sm57/r121 and it all sounds great.
Thank you for this. I'm about to load some stuff and see what happens. I'm glad the VH20 is working for you and sounding good with FullRes stuff!

I posted this in the AITR Clip thread in the recordings section too, but thought I'd share it here if anyone wanted to hear it.

It's a P90 Les Paul through the 1987x Jump model. I captured some Marshall 4x12 Greenback room mics yesterday and wanted to try the FullRes experience with headphones. The clip starts with a single 57 and stereo FullRes room mics, then the second pass starts with just the 57 and then adds the rooms halfway just to hear it in context. This makes playing with headphones a lot more fun.

I've heard a couple of people say that these full res irs are the shit when you're playing with headphones. I am wondering how this new format effects playing through monitors. Is it a night and day difference, or is this something that only really pertains to those that jam mostly on headphones?

I've heard a couple of people say that these full res irs are the shit when you're playing with headphones. I am wondering how this new format effects playing through monitors. Is it a night and day difference, or is this something that only really pertains to those that jam mostly on headphones?
IME, in monitors or FRFR, it sounds cool solo, but likely needs to be dialed in a lot lower in the mix so the guitar doesn't get lost in space....

It sounds pretty cool through monitors as well, but you’re just adding more room to YOUR room. In headphones, it gives you a lot of dimension and feels different than just using a reverb.

Agreed, but still potentially allows it to work.. was just spit-balling ideas to get the added benefit that we Mk 1's don't have
The only place you can load them is into the (volatile) scratch pad memory. That means you are already loading from your computer. I'm still not seeing a benefit... Maybe I'm missing something?

It's likely I do not know enough of what I'm wanting to suggest to have it be applicable, and if that's the case, then please disregard.

I'm merely postulating that given the exchange between Ax and Computer and communicating to allow Axe Edit to control the device, granted via Midi commands, I'm postulating the potential that there could be a created method to allow for the Axe to retrieve additional presets or otherwise retrieve data from the computer that's connected to it.. thereby allowing more expansive capability with the Mk 1

Am I totally off mark?

Am I totally off mark?
I think you're describing what already exists ;)

The problem in this case is that the scratch pad cannot be saved, therefore you can reload it as part of a preset.

Could something be engineered for this? Probably... But as I don't expect Fractal would do this.

I think you're describing what already exists ;)

The problem in this case is that the scratch pad cannot be saved, therefore you can reload it as part of a preset.

Could something be engineered for this? Probably... But as I don't expect Fractal would do this.
Ah ok now I get what you mean. Yes I was implying in my theory that something would need to be created for this.. but alas you are probably correct that it would not be likely given developments on other things..

I'm just REALLY trying to not have to get a Mk 2 yet :)

Ah ok now I get what you mean. Yes I was implying in my theory that something would need to be created for this.. but alas you are probably correct that it would not be likely given developments on other things..

I'm just REALLY trying to not have to get a Mk 2 yet :)

I now feel a little bit of your pain as a Mk 2 owner now that there's a turbo option. My main patch is sitting at about 80%, which I think is fine from what I understand, but I feel like I can't do anything more with it. I have no idea what that "more" would be (the FR IR stuff isn't of huge interest to me), but I like feeling like I can do more! :D

Side note, I played with the Buttery amp model last night. Lots of fun! Sounded great loading it up with the BMT dials at 5 and just messing with the input gain!

I have no idea what that "more" would be (the FR IR stuff isn't of huge interest to me), but I like feeling like I can do more! :D

...aaaaand, that's why my Turbo arrives Tuesday.

Side note, I played with the Buttery amp model last night. Lots of fun! Sounded great loading it up with the BMT dials at 5 and just messing with the input gain!

Yes, so glad the Buttery is back! It was my go-to edge-of-dirty amp model when I first got the FX3 2.5 years ago.

I was unable to load them and get them to work following the instructions here.
They look to be loaded in slots 1 and 2 of the USER FR bank. No sound at all if I mute the first two cabs. If I unmute the first two cabs I am able to listen to one of the 3rd or 4th slots but not both .

Hey my mod buddies.. …..Shouldn’t this thread be closed , as the final release has been out for a week already?

I was unable to load them and get them to work following the instructions here.
They look to be loaded in slots 1 and 2 of the USER FR bank. No sound at all if I mute the first two cabs. If I unmute the first two cabs I am able to listen to one of the 3rd or 4th slots but not both .
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-release-version-17-00.177099/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-10-01.177169/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-into-scratch-pad-for-mk1.177356/post-2158619

Back
Top Bottom