Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.04

In an analog rig, you hit a footswitch to change amp channels, and two more to turn on boost and delay. That wasn't gapless either, so you planned for it, and it was fine.

It's ok to leave space in your playing, desirable even.
Not saying I disagree with you, but Bob Bradshaw and others made a lot of money taking all those switch presses and making seamless switching rigs. So there has been a need for gapless switching predating Fractal Audio offerings.

Not saying I disagree with you, but Bob Bradshaw and others made a lot of money taking all those switch presses and making seamless switching rigs. So there has been a need for gapless switching predating Fractal Audio offerings.
I think the word you're looking for might be "market".

Nice lol

I will say just because one doesn't understand the "needs" of others, doesn't mean that they aren't there. There are probably lots of folk(mainly wives) wondering just why in the heck we need our AxeFx's.

And it's simple:

We needed the best.
My precious... We needs it!

Seriously, though... I think a few people need to learn the difference between "need" and "want" ;)

same for a guitarist like me that’s spend more time playing than going in the mega advanced parameter to not have gaps 😅, specially when you come from 2 products that have zero gap without doing nothing for it 😅
use Multiplexer after block amp and never gap pop

en français plus simple pour moi si j'ai deux block amp , j'avais des gros soucis de pop bruit en changeant mes scènes
Avec le Multiplexer plus aucun soucis.

No gigging here so I don't "mind the gap". Thankfully so, since
there is no way I could give up the channels feature.

The problem was more while recording as I do live takes everytime . Before every solos « how will I hide this gap this time ? » it was the thing that bothered me the most since the beginning, I feel so better now . Time to hug the axe , now we are friends 🥰. Yes it remove a cool fonction but seriously a eq block does the job 👍🏻
I still use channels in others blocks like reverb etc no gap . Only in the amp block

just wanted to express gratitude for several things that have renewed my love of my axefx as I jack around going through my own presets in 16.04...
1) ok, now my wah block is back and able to access - had lost it in 16.03, back in 16.04. No idea why - don't care. thrilled.

2) in new firmware am falling in love with amps that I didn't even really care for before. case in point - komet. concourse has a great clean tone I love... komet60 has this crazy fat crunch tone. what seems like such a targeted change in many other amps... accomplished a 180 with this amp for me. at least that was my impression.

3) this delay update... I couldn't dial in that 'noisy' dm2 sound that would scratch my mn3005 itch completely. totally bridged that gap and went beyond. I'm using that dm2 like franks red hot. slap back delay for country stuff to solo delays that melt away nicely. carbon copy too... just amazing. For me - this was a huge leap fwd for the delay block.

4) someone mentioned air and preamp in the cab block - i don't recall who but I stored that away and experimented. I had never even fiddled with them. air is amazing. no idea what it does other than my ears light up at 15-18%. I never cared for the far field irs (sorry, don't hate) but this seems to do what I always 'thought' that would do. just sounds more like 'in the room' to me. it sounds kind of like what I would expect both moving the mic away and turning up the gain on it at the same time... but with zero noise. the mic pre - admittedly this is a VERY subtle difference (I never turn it up very far and rarely touch saturation) and I don't like it on everything... but again just a dash of that - lovely. the tube and fet versions for me. seems to have an effect on the front/attack.

you buy gear and get tired of it and go searching and buy something and get that honeymoon stage again... you have brought that to me over and over again with the updates. that fuzzy line off in the distance... is the mark where I broke even on return on investment. thank you

Back
Top Bottom