Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.05

Yes I did. As I said, there is probably a simple explanation and I genuinely appreciate your attempts to assist, but I think there is something else wrong here. I have a number of units, including a GCX and a Boss Sy-300 linked to the Axe Fxiii and everything worked fine before this update. Now nothing associated with the MIDI block works. I will figure it out LOL.

I think there's definitely an issue, but the difference here is that the workaround isn't working for you. I'm pretty sure the issue will be rectified in an upcoming update.

I don't know what it is but this is sounding better than ever. It just feels spot on.

Especially with some low-gain boost from Drive block (e.g. FET Preamp, Timothy 1 & 3, Heartpedal).
There's just a really nice feel into the front of cleaner and edge of breakup models (e.g. Matchbox D30 EF86, CA3+ Clean) in the Amp block.

Just awesome. I'm sure there's room for programming improvements on some technical level for speed or economy, but at this point I'm not sure anyone can feel or hear it. It's so damn nice, I can't imagine how it could be better.

FAS has won the modeling game. Cheers to you guys!

Is anyone having problems with Spdif since this update? I've got an extremely loud hiss being sent to my audio interface which I can't seem to get rid of, and I can't remember messing with any settings

Has anyone tried a preset bank restore on the MKII, that was backed up from same? I can restore any backup made on my MKI to my MKII. However any backup made on the MKII fails to restore. The progress bar moves for a couple of seconds and then disappears back to the backup screen.

Last edited:
I'm liking more than ever the FAS amp models.
Yesterday played the FAS Thordenthal (not a core metal player...), but found them quiet rich in the spectrum. And the same for the crunchy amp models with very nice texture and tone.
Was thinking of a real tube amp with all these models...unuseful I know, coz' AF3 !! but...hmmm would be a so damn amp :)

Has anyone tried a preset bank restore on the MKII, that was backed up from same? I can restore any backup made on my MKI to my MKII. However any backup made on the MKII fails to restore. The progress bar moves for a couple of seconds and then disappears back to the backup screen.
yes , I am having the same type of problem

Pretty sure it's this:
It may be. I mostly play clean/EoB settings, so not sure how PT grid clipping factors into that, but whatever it is it's butter.

We all know there's something special about diming an amp. Tube, or SS, it's something special. FAS has captured that experience at whisper volumes.

Thank the gods.

Hello, not sure if this is the right place but I believe there may b e a bug in 14.05. In the metronome Volume section of TEMPO. The individual output volumes go up and down but the dial on the screen stays put all the way at zero even though its working.

I don't know what it is but this is sounding better than ever. It just feels spot on.

Especially with some low-gain boost from Drive block (e.g. FET Preamp, Timothy 1 & 3, Heartpedal).
There's just a really nice feel into the front of cleaner and edge of breakup models (e.g. Matchbox D30 EF86, CA3+ Clean) in the Amp block.

Just awesome. I'm sure there's room for programming improvements on some technical level for speed or economy, but at this point I'm not sure anyone can feel or hear it. It's so damn nice, I can't imagine how it could be better.

FAS has won the modeling game. Cheers to you guys!
It's pretty cool isn't it.
When I tried it, I thought which amps are a bit power tubey to maybe highlight the new firmware?
So I tried the Trainwreck first [lots of spitty, gobby goodness[, then the AC-15, then I tried a jumpered Plexi.
All sounded great and you're right, Fractal really does lay the schlapdown when it comes to amps.

Back
Top Bottom