Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.05

Does anybody have a problem with outputs knob in tempo settings?My knobs are work, but on my axe-fx display settings doesn't change.i see output volume -40.0db.If i use knobs volume are change

yeah, i think this has been identified already

(Same preset) Hooked up to the latest version of AxeEdit, CPU jumps from 82 up to 85+ in AxeEdit, but not on the III itself.

Factory preset 0155 Bl@de Runner also jumps around into warning territory with 14.05, only in Axe-Edit, not on the III itself.

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I have missed it but are there any reports of issues with the MIDI block following this firmware update? Mine is behaving very strangely and no longer allows me to make changes to the MIDI settings of scenes / presets.

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I have missed it but are there any reports of issues with the MIDI block following this firmware update? Mine is behaving very strangely and no longer allows me to make changes to the MIDI settings of scenes / presets.

I don't use the MIDI block, but just for the heck of it I added one to the grid and couldn't make changes to any of the fields, either.

I don't use the MIDI block, but just for the heck of it I added one to the grid and couldn't make changes to any of the fields, either.
As a workaround, navigate away from the MIDI block, and then back to it. Your changes should be there.

No. it doesn't work like that. If I try to change anything in the MIDI block it doesn't work. For instance, If I select PC or CC, it simply refuses to do so and goes to ----. If I try to select a MIDI channel on a scene, it will only select MIDI channel 1. Something is definitely up

No. it doesn't work like that. If I try to change anything in the MIDI block it doesn't work. For instance, If I select PC or CC, it simply refuses to do so and goes to ----. If I try to select a MIDI channel on a scene, it will only select MIDI channel 1. Something is definitely up
Try this: make your changes (yes, I get that you don't see them), then navigate away from the MIDI block and back to it. See if your changes don't show up.

but the changes don't work. So let's say I want to select one of the loops on my GCX (which is on MIDI channel 16). I go to the MIDI block and try to select MIDI channel 16 but it will only select MIDI channel 1. I try to select CC but it will only go to --- and, crucially, nothing happens on the GCX. It is not a case of making the changes and not being able to see them - the changes cannot be made

but the changes don't work. So let's say I want to select one of the loops on my GCX (which is on MIDI channel 16). I go to the MIDI block and try to select MIDI channel 16 but it will only select MIDI channel 1. I try to select CC but it will only go to --- and, crucially, nothing happens on the GCX. It is not a case of making the changes and not being able to see them - the changes cannot be made

I just tried it and Rex is correct. Try this. Add a MIDI block and select CC as the type for Command 1, for example. The change won't be displayed while the MIDI block is selected. In fact, the Type field won't change at all. However, if you then select another block on the grid and go back to the MIDI block, you should see CC listed for Command 1. Then, if you select a number under the Channel field, channel 5 for example, the change won't be reflected while the MIDI block is selected; however, if you select another block on the grid and go back to it, it should show 5 in the Channel field. I just tried it and it works. Try it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
No. Sorry, it doesn't work. I am using Axe Edit and have recently updated to the latest version. I have also updated the firmware to 14.05. I am not sure sure where the problem lies but I know that I didn't have this issue previously. I am sure that I will sort it out but it is very frustrating and I do appreciate your help.

No. Sorry, it doesn't work. I am using Axe Edit and have recently updated to the latest version. I have also updated the firmware to 14.05. I am not sure sure where the problem lies but I know that I didn't have this issue previously. I am sure that I will sort it out but it is very frustrating and I do appreciate your help.
When you make a change to Type (which doesn't show up as a change), then select a different block, and then go back to the MIDI block, what does it show for Type?

In this video, Leon Todd demonstrates the basics of the MIDI block and doesn't navigate away from the block in order to make changes, so this is undoubtedly a bug, but selecting a different block and going back to the MIDI block is an effective workaround. Did you actually try it, @Chriscwt1?

Last edited:
Yes I did. As I said, there is probably a simple explanation and I genuinely appreciate your attempts to assist, but I think there is something else wrong here. I have a number of units, including a GCX and a Boss Sy-300 linked to the Axe Fxiii and everything worked fine before this update. Now nothing associated with the MIDI block works. I will figure it out LOL.

Back
Top Bottom