Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.05

Something is strange with the metronome, the volume outputs indicators don't move when the knobs are turned, however when you change the tempo, they do update. Also, I used to use output 2 to change the volume of the metronome, now it's controlled by output1, perhaps a setting has been overwritten? I don't remember ever changing any settings. Of course, this is on the Tempo page. Anyone else see this?

FM3 user here... 👀

*not jealous

maybe just a tiny bit :(

I couldn’t afford an Axe FX III, as FM3 already cost me more than 10.000 BRL 😅

But I am very happy and impressed with FM3 sound and feel. It’s above anything else outside Fractal.

As Axe FX got Wednesday Firmware, maybe FM3 will get Friday Firmware.

😁
I thought the fm3 was just a floor model of the axe fx 3?

Can confirm the graphic knobs and value indicator for Metronome Volume are buggy. The volume works normally when you turn the Value encoder (or the C, D or E encoders) but the graphic knobs and value indicator (-40.0 dB at the lowest) remain stuck unless you update the Tempo value, then they get updated to the position they should be.

Really digging this one. Must be the new algorithm.

I love when a new firmware makes you say "Oh that's good - that's really good" before you even stop to think about why.

I think I just did a FULL BACK UP of my AXE-FX III MKII in half the time it was taking with the previous Firmware! Is it me or is the transfer a lot faster now? Best!!

Was on 14.00 and updated to 14.05 today due to the amp block power tube clipping improvements (important for me since I run the DC30 99% of the time, and the EL84 breakup is the signature for that amp). It's really subtle to my ears, but I feel like it's a little smoother in the high mids/treble when it's breaking up. Happy I made the update!

Last edited:
2 possible bugs:
There is a regular pop/crackle on scene 2 of the attached present (plexi 2204). I didn't get a chance to check other amp models for the same noise (had to quickly roll back to 14=4).

(Same preset) Hooked up to the latest version of AxeEdit, CPU jumps from 82 up to 85+ in AxeEdit, but not on the III itself.

Attachments

• 14=5 crackle Scene 2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
2 possible bugs:
There is a regular pop/crackle on scene 2 of the attached present (plexi 2204). I didn't get a chance to check other amp models for the same noise (had to quickly roll back to 14=4).

(Same preset) Hooked up to the latest version of AxeEdit, CPU jumps from 82 up to 85+ in AxeEdit, but not on the III itself.
Was hearing some crackles on a Mesa.

Thought it was the guitar picking up electrical noise from something nearby.

Will try to reproduce and share the preset and steps to reproduce....

2 possible bugs:

Crackling and pops usually mean the CPU usage is too high. This is reinforced by your second paragraph. 85+ is too high.

just found something weird. i'm hitting a control switch to turn on a drive and filter - i see this reflected in axe edit, but on the front panel nothing changes when i'm in layout view. if i go to any other view or page and back again, i see the ui has updated and the blocks look unbypassed. simply paging right to the levels view and back again will do it.

Back
Top Bottom