Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.11

oh ok i thought the new one was out already.
It was a joke because the date you entered is in the future.

You're posting in a thread about firmware 12.x. The latest official release is 15.01. there is also a public beta for 16.x.

Hello skip!
The most current beta firmware is here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...nus-firmware-public-release-candidate.172027/

Beta firmware can have issues so if you decide to install beta firmware it is always advisable to back up your AxeFx prior to installing. Backing up and installing new firmware are done through Fractalbot. To open Fractalbot you go into AxeEdit and click Tools -> Fractalbot. Select Axe-Fx III then go to receive mode to back up. When you back up choose the folder you'd like to back up to and click begin. You will be given a selection of what you'd like to back up.

To update firmware you use send mode and upload the unzipped .SYX file.
The program and hardwire will walk you through the steps to update.

What are your plans for gigging, are you going to send signal to front of house and have the mixer send you a signal to your monitor - or will you have a monitor on stage you will be controlling the level on from the AxeFx - or will you just be using it on stage as an amp with no sound going to front of house?

travis thanks man your a life saver,im going to have a montor on stage with me headrush 108,and send feed to foh. i got axe3 set on +4 and they said dont try to use the axe3 as a volume control use the montor as volume control am i right?and i guess setting this up for gigging you just get presets you like one after the other.is there a good spot to put them like preset slots?so as not hard to find them?how do you have the foot controller setup i have the fc12.do you have it on sceens presets fx?and thanks for all your help have a gig in 2 weeks so id like to have it set up so i can use it

If I were you for monitoring I'd go to Setup in the top right of AxeEdit and go to the Audio Tab on the left column. On the far right of that page set Output 2 to Copy Output 1 On.

You'll give FOH output 1.
If you want to send FOH a consistent level from gig to gig - on the device itself you can go to Setup -> Utilities -> and page over to ADC Levels. I set my Output 1 to 75% (you will see the numbers jumping around a bit and that's normal)

You'll use Output 2 to connect to your monitor. That is the only volume you'll touch all night. Leave Output 1 unless FOH requests a level change.

I have a few presets, but one is a kitchen sink preset that covers most things. I have some crazy stuff for harmony songs, organ sounds etc that are different presets.

As far as FC - I would like to eventually get scenes set up for all songs as that would be easiest.
But right now I have Layout 1 Presets automatically use a layout link to go to the Scenes layout.
Scenes Layout has all 7 scenes and 2 drives and 2 control switches.
I have layout 3 controlling Amp channels and the pitch block channels
Layout 4 is all my gain - all 8 channels of drive plus 2 control switches
Layout 5 is modulation - Trem, Pan, Vibrato, JetFlanger, Enhancer, Filter (solo boost), PredirtFlanger, Univibe, Chorus, Phaser, PostDirtFlanger, Rotary
Layout 6 is Time effects Spring, Ambient, Swell, Plex1, Enhancer, Filter (solo boost), Slap, Digital, MemoryMan, 2290, MultDly1, and Plate
7 is Per Preset, 8 is looper
9 has all the layouts plus a link to my Solo preset if I'm in a pinch to get out of what I'm doing to do a solo

You can really do anything you'd like with the FC12!

Last edited:
What I do to keep my solo boost from bumping up stage volume is put the Filter boost after the output splits off to Output 2. This way my solo boosts the front of house but leaves the stage mix intact.routingforstagevolume.png

ok i first went to the audio tab far right but it just has copy output 1 on under that its copy input 1 off under that its copy input 1i dont see a 2,i went to adc output1 keeps rolling it stays on 100.and what s this kitchen sink i keep hearing about?and it sounds like your useing all the layouts.im sorry i hope im not bugging you with is.you ve been kind

ok i think i know what your talking about now.the out puts are in stereo then theres sum r+l and then copy l->r

ok i think i know what your talking about now.the out puts are in stereo then theres sum r+l and then copy l->r
It should look like this: change Off to on and output 2 will copy Output 1 unless you explicitly put an Output 2 block in your preset grid. In that case Output 2 will do what you put in the grid as in my example above :)copy.png

ok cool i see in the mode you have left only my is on stereo should i go left only?how do i get that 75 %i spin the knob but cant get it off 100% do you go down to 75%so it doesnt clip?

That's input 2 which is not necessarily tied to output 2. Mine is left only because I sometimes attach a second guitar there or a microphone preamp but never a stereo signal

ok cool i see in the mode you have left only my is on stereo should i go left only?how do i get that 75 %i spin the knob but cant get it off 100% do you go down to 75%so it doesnt clip?
Are you spinning output 1 knob on the unit and not seeing change on the output 1 adc level on the adc level page on the unit display??

i have stereo frfr at my house but gigging its all mono.so set like it is will only one side be heard because i have it on stereo and will be playing out in mono?

Back
Top Bottom