Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or the Fuzz drives sound more "natural", more as the real thing ?
Tried with Shiva clean and with FAS Crunch amps.

I’ve found that setting this to poly and the tracking to 0 gets rid of that mild tremolo effect that I was referring to earlier which also extends how far you can pitch up and down on clean and acoustic tones. I messed with these settings before the update but wasn’t really noticing any improvement. Now it’s drastic...
I will have to try tracking at 0 today - thank you for this tip.
I tried between ~1 & ~8 yesterday and couldn't get rid of that slight tremelo/ chorus sound, which seems to be more pronounced around the pick attack.
I was A/B testing with my drop last night, using in ears to ensure I don't hear the strings acoustically, and using both virtual capo + advanced whammy to drop -1 or -2, I kept being distracted on that tremelo sound.

It may not be as noticable with the band though - time for more testing.

I will have to try tracking at 0 today - thank you for this tip.
I tried between ~1 & ~8 yesterday and couldn't get rid of that slight tremelo/ chorus sound, which seems to be more pronounced around the pick attack.
I was A/B testing with my drop last night, using in ears to ensure I don't hear the strings acoustically, and using both virtual capo + advanced whammy to drop -1 or -2, I kept being distracted on that tremelo sound.

It may not be as noticable with the band though - time for more testing.

I think I may have mis-spoke. yes the tracking at zero but use MONO instead of poly.

Hi ,
I have a problem with something I'm doing quite often : I copy the scene 1 to scene 4, and when I change the settings of the amp on scene 4 the scene 1 amp settings are changed too. Is it a bug or am I missing something ? Haven't changed anything prior to updating to FW 12.08 beta and axe edit 1.05.12 beat 1. Thank you

Hi ,
I have a problem with something I'm doing quite often : I copy the scene 1 to scene 4, and when I change the settings of the amp on scene 4 the scene 1 amp settings are changed too. Is it a bug or am I missing something ? Haven't changed anything prior to updating to FW 12.08 beta and axe edit 1.05.12 beat 1. Thank you
You have to change the block to a different channel after you copy into it. Otherwise, you're in a different scene, but editing the same channel, which affects both. I've done that by mistake more than once!

Hi ,
I think this is how it's always been. Scenes can control which channel of a block if selected, and if the block is active or bypassed. But the settings of that block are the same across all scenes. If you want scene 4 to have different amp settings you could copy Channel A to Channel B then modify channel B and use it for Scene 4. Or there might be a way to use a controller to change a couple settings between scenes? I've not done that yet so I'm not sure how it works.

Hi ,

If you are using Amp channel A in scene 1 and scene 4 then that is the behaviour...copy amp channel A from scene 1 too another channel (B,C,D) and use that on Scene 4.

Late to the party....as usual...

Hi ,
Think about it: you're copying the scene. That means the active blocks and channels are the same in both.

The settings of all blocks are shared between all scenes. The scenes control only what blocks are on/off and what channel is selected.

Thank you all . I was indeed missing something. :) I was probably changing the block channel too before and I forgot to do it again. My bad

Just tried the JFT comp. That one really compresses hard, and takes away a lot of highs, even at mild settings. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom