Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's what I have been waiting on as well. I don't normally download the beta version
There has been a bit of activity on the FM3 improvements, so the devs are probably busier than one-armed paper hangers. We have to share dev time with the new kid on the block, but it is not so bad to wait, as it has already yielded at least one phenominal new, game-changing function ported over from the new kid: Views.

There has been a bit of activity on the FM3 improvements, so the devs are probably busier than one-armed paper hangers. We have to share dev time with the new kid on the block, but it is not so bad to wait, as it has already yielded at least one phenominal new, game-changing function ported over from the new kid: Views.

that is my guess too perhaps Cliff is letting them catch up with the new comp block Pitch improvements etc

Also, seems like a lot of firmware gets posted on Fridays (or in this case, Saturday), so for some reason last Friday it wasn't considered ready for full release, and this Friday it's still a little early to tell if there will be a release or not.

Was just wondering the same thing, this is an abnormal amount of time for a beta to hang around.

My guess is there's something bigger around the corner. Maybe too big for a 12.XX release. Cliff hinted at a patent he's waiting on in another thread. It's all speculation but anything is possible.

My guess is there's something bigger around the corner. Maybe too big for a 12.XX release. Cliff hinted at a patent he's waiting on in another thread. It's all speculation but anything is possible.

i think the patent is likely future product
but it is likely he is adding more stuff
dare i say the Archon after all these years lol

oh and i predict lucky 13.0

I'm working on pitch shifting. It is improved in the beta but that exposed weaknesses in the pitch detection. So I improved the pitch detection and that exposed weaknesses in the pitch shifting. So I wrote a new pitch shifting algorithm and that worked pretty well but exposed weaknesses in the pitch detection. So I improved the pitch detection again and that exposed weaknesses in the pitch shifting. So I wrote yet another new pitch shifting algorithm.

The latest pitch shifting algorithm (version #4) is great. The pitch detection is not where I want it to be. I'm working on a new multi-resolution technique. I think wavelets are probably the ultimate solution but too CPU intensive. So I'm working on a multi-resolution FFT approach which is sort of "wavelety".

I'm working on pitch shifting. It is improved in the beta but that exposed weaknesses in the pitch detection. So I improved the pitch detection and that exposed weaknesses in the pitch shifting. So I wrote a new pitch shifting algorithm and that worked pretty well but exposed weaknesses in the pitch detection. So I improved the pitch detection again and that exposed weaknesses in the pitch shifting. So I wrote yet another new pitch shifting algorithm.
Your making me dizzy.

I feel if this new block comes to the FM3 it will likely up the pitch block cpu to verb levels

also when we talk about wave
is that the type of processing Eventide is using ??

The latest pitch shifting algorithm (version #4) is great. The pitch detection is not where I want it to be. I'm working on a new multi-resolution technique. I think wavelets are probably the ultimate solution but too CPU intensive. So I'm working on a multi-resolution FFT approach which is sort of "wavelety".
Mmmm, this induced wavelets in my pants

😂

I feel if this new block comes to the FM3 it will likely up the pitch block cpu to verb levels

also when we talk about wave
is that the type of processing Eventide is using ??
Who was talking about Wave? I believe Eventide is using a very similar approach to what we do. I do know that the latest beta I'm testing here works much better than the pitch shifting in my Eclipse. I have not evaluated more recent Eventide products so I don't know if they've improved their algorithms over the years.

If you meant "wavelets" that's something totally different.

Who was talking about Wave? I believe Eventide is using a very similar approach to what we do. I do know that the latest beta I'm testing here works much better than the pitch shifting in my Eclipse. I have not evaluated more recent Eventide products so I don't know if they've improved their algorithms over the years.

If you meant "wavelets" that's something totally different.

yes sorry wavelets
the eclipse was like there hi end processor. So I doubt the H9 is as good as that so if your bettering the Eclipse thats pretty top level IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom