Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the virtual capo is working so well I was able to improve further with some adjustments. I’m not sure what switching between poly and mono actually does but it doesn’t appear to be related to playing single notes. I can set the virtual capo to mono and strum chords and it works better. I’ve found that setting this to poly and the tracking to 0 gets rid of that mild tremolo effect that I was referring to earlier which also extends how far you can pitch up and down on clean and acoustic tones. I messed with these settings before the update but wasn’t really noticing any improvement. Now it’s drastic...
Yes, using mono seems to work better in some cases but it surely is not better if you play complex chords.
Also setting the tracking to 0 gets rid of that "tremolo" effect but it is less precise in the pitch detection and when you let a note ring out it goes crazy towards the end of the tail.
Probably it's just a matter of finding the right compromise based on what you're going to use it for

Just tried the virtual capo for SAxon "got to rock to stay alive" to be played in Eb. Previously I had some "weird harmonics"...Now the tone texture is much more like if I had downtuned my guitare to Eb. So largely better, almost no difference.
Feel no difference between mono or poly..

Not sure if this is a bug but my FC12 has locked up a couple of the switches (happened more than once and have had to unplug it and back in to fix the issue) plus I have it switch to switch 3 when I have pushed switch 1. This has happened twice and Axe Edit was running on both. I have not been able to recreate it but the lock up it has happened daily. It could also be an Axe Edit issue. All switch buttons are on the FC12 with no external ones.

Poly will track complex chords better as it increases the autocorrelation length. The granules can be larger though which can increase effective latency.
Ok thanks Cliff, was just playing rough double stops and power chords !! so no difference at my level ;)
Just love that AFX3 and its continuous evolutions :D

Do you feel latency when downtuning to Eb using capo algorythm? On my AX8 it was kinda unusable for fast acoustic strumming.

Not sure if this is a bug but my FC12 has locked up a couple of the switches (happened more than once and have had to unplug it and back in to fix the issue) plus I have it switch to switch 3 when I have pushed switch 1. This has happened twice and Axe Edit was running on both. I have not been able to recreate it but the lock up it has happened daily. It could also be an Axe Edit issue. All switch buttons are on the FC12 with no external ones.

Are you using a quality mic cable to connect to the FC12? Not unnecessarily long?

Is it the bottom 3 switches or top 3 switches on one side?

There's a thread about this issue.

Are you using a quality mic cable to connect to the FC12? Not unnecessarily long?
though quality does matter, i've used the cheapest cables around with no issues. they aren't passing audio, just electrical signal, so as long as the cable isn't broken - which can happen to any quality of cable - it should work no problem.

i think there are length limitations, perhaps around 100 feet or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom