Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the Cliff's preset from the OP, selected an empty preset on my III, sent the preset over using FractalBot, which confirmed that it had sent it; however, the empty preset remains empty. I downloaded another copy and tried again with the same results. Just as a check, I tried it with a different sysex and that worked just fine, so it's some weirdness with the 12.08Demo sysex file. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Danny W.
Maybe import the preset with AxeEdit?

Well Virtual Capo is not Dual or Quad Detune so...
In that case... I will go ahead and trust my memory and say great job. I can’t recall the exact issues I had before but on acoustic or clean tones I found it unusable but useable on overdriven tones. Now as I stated in my previous post you can pitch up or down a few semitones and get by with it. Which is very useful... so thank you for this...I have to echo the sentiments of others on here.. the effort that goes into making an already amazing product even better is unequaled. Even if you want to compare to a huge company like apple. Sure it seems like I’m always installing updates but other than once a year, I really get nothing of substance. So glad I jumped over to fractal... I’ve been in absolute heaven ever since.

--- Possible minor bug -- I'm sure if nobody else notices this it's probably nothing to worry about. ---

It seems my main preset (with a global amp block) had random FC control switches (1-4) attached to the modifiers on:
  • bright switch on Amp 1, Ch. B
  • input boost, fat switch, and saturation switch on Amp 1, Ch. C
[Tonight I updated to 12.08 Beta 1 from 12.07.
I also updated to Version 1.05.12 beta 1 (Axe Edit)
Also updated to FC version 1.11 from 1.10]

I'm pretty sure these were not there before the update, but I could be wrong. I may have missed this from a previous update because I don't use control switches on my FC ever or turn those Amp block switches on ever.... It could also be that I was experimenting one day a long time ago with control switches and forgot to set them back to none.

@FractalAudio I've noticed the JFet comp adding a crackle when engaged with the attack at a minimum (attached clip). I've tried several guitars, disengaged the gates and checked my cables. The other comp types don't exhibit this behaviour. Is this normal or a bug?

Clip is Jfet at stock settings in front of the amp block. Chord 1 and 3 are with the comp bypassed, 2 and 4 engaged.

@FractalAudio I've noticed the JFet comp adding a crackle when engaged with the attack at a minimum (attached clip). I've tried several guitars, disengaged the gates and checked my cables. The other comp types don't exhibit this behaviour. Is this normal or a bug?

Clip is Jfet at stock settings in front of the amp block. Chord 1 and 3 are with the comp bypassed, 2 and 4 engaged.

Confirmed and reported. Good catch!

In that case... I will go ahead and trust my memory and say great job. I can’t recall the exact issues I had before but on acoustic or clean tones I found it unusable but useable on overdriven tones. Now as I stated in my previous post you can pitch up or down a few semitones and get by with it. Which is very useful...

Never had issues with the virtual capo before, but it indeed seems to have been further improved.

Best way to test this IMHO is to use headphones, to eliminate the acoustic sound from the instrument itself.

My test preset has 4 scenes, downtuning from 1 tot 4 semitones, set to Poly, Tracking at 5.

Sure, there is latency but it’s very very short, and the sound is great, even at -4 semitones.

never had issues with the virtual capo before, but it indeed seems to have been further improved.

Best way to test this IMHO is to use headphones, to lose the acoustic sound from the instrument itself.

My test preset has 4 scenes, downtuning from 1 tot 4 semitones, set to Poly, Tracking at 5.

Sure, there is latency but it’s very very short, and the sound is great, even at -4 semitones.

Awesome! Guess up be testing my new guitar later on after I install the update and it's delivered!

I downloaded the Cliff's preset from the OP, selected an empty preset on my III, sent the preset over using FractalBot, which confirmed that it had sent it; however, the empty preset remains empty. I downloaded another copy and tried again with the same results. Just as a check, I tried it with a different sysex and that worked just fine, so it's some weirdness with the 12.08Demo sysex file. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Danny W.
That means you didn't update your firmware.

Never had issues with the virtual capo before, but it indeed seems to have been further improved.

Best way to test this IMHO is to use headphones, to eliminate the acoustic sound from the instrument itself.

Hi Yek , maybe and surely a silly question but how do you create a virtual capo , for example play a 1,5 semi tone down with the guitar in standard tuning......
thanks
Fafa

Hi Yek , maybe and surely a silly question but how do you create a virtual capo , for example play a 1,5 semi tone down with the guitar in standard tuning......
thanks
Fafa

Pitch block at the start of the chain (after input block), set to Virtual Capo, Shift: -3.

Maybe I am crazy, but I hear significantly less latency on PITCH2 virtual capo than on PITCH1 version. Can someone try it and post their findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom