Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some double track recording with 25 beta and after installing 25 release noticed some major differences in the high end of the Triple Crest 3 as well as around an 8 dB difference in the line level.
Downgraded to 25 beta for now to finish with the recordings.
I did a tone match from one of the tracks and went from -8 dB to 0 dB in the amp block to compensate but it was like tonal cannibalism trying to match the fractal to itself.
Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike what I had with the beta.
The 25 release Triple Crest has a lot more hair on it and I do love it (with some new tweaks of course)!!

I did some double track recording with 25 beta and after installing 25 release noticed some major differences in the high end of the Triple Crest 3 as well as around an 8 dB difference in the line level.
Downgraded to 25 beta for now to finish with the recordings.
I did a tone match from one of the tracks and went from -8 dB to 0 dB in the amp block to compensate but it was like tonal cannibalism trying to match the fractal to itself.
Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike what I had with the beta.
The 25 release Triple Crest has a lot more hair on it and I do love it (with some new tweaks of course)!!
I was playing that model today it’s killer , really rich sounding and screams for leads

Have you noticed a loss in touch sensitivity with your clean presets? I know a lot has changed on the amps, and I probably need to increase the input gains/overdrives. However, it really feels like the loss of touch sensitivity when you increase the amount of a noise gate. Is there a way to decease this amount to how it was before the firmware?

Last edited:
Have you noticed a loss in touch sensitivity with your clean presets? I know a lot has changed on the amps, and I probably need to increase the input gains/overdrives. However, it really feels like the loss of touch sensitivity when you increase the amount of a noise gate. Is there a way to decease this amount to how it was before the firmware?
I have not , I felt the dynamics were greatly improved on my end but I don’t use any setting on the gate other than default for clean tones you could probably lower it or turn it off altogether

No, actually the opposite.

I have also noticed this,
I use my FRFR system with slight global EQ correction as monitors on my desk.

and experimented with the global Input 1 Gain and at 0.8 it is almost comparable to the 25b3.

However, if you reduce the output of your FRFR slightly without changing Input 1 Gain, i.e. 1.0, the effect is very similar.

Conversely, the volume is higher than usual
the amp usually has a more dominant effect on the sound image.
And here the 25b3 has a more homogeneous effect in the sound image, more sensitive and more mature.

FW25 final is great and if you recognize the above described everything is much better. I think so..

Try it out and compare it with 25b3.

I have also noticed this,
I use my FRFR system with slight global EQ correction as monitors on my desk.

and experimented with the global Input 1 Gain and at 0.8 it is almost comparable to the 25b3.

However, if you reduce the output of your FRFR slightly without changing Input 1 Gain, i.e. 1.0, the effect is very similar.

Conversely, the volume is higher than usual
the amp usually has a more dominant effect on the sound image.
And here the 25b3 has a more homogeneous effect in the sound image, more sensitive and more mature.

FW25 final is great and if you recognize the above described everything is much better. I think so..

Try it out and compare it with 25b3.
There were NO changes between 25b3 and the final release other than the addition of the AC30 Brilliant amp model.

There were NO changes between 25b3 and the final release other than the addition of the AC30 Brilliant amp model.
Thanks for that insight, I just looked and realized I was using 25 beta 2 (axefxiii_dsp_rel_25p00_beta2) and downgraded to that temporarily for some recording. Love that Triple Crest 3.

No, I personally have not. It actually feels better, which is cool considering it was excellent prior.

Took my Axe, Powerstation, and a G12H75 in an H&K 1x12 to a practice session last night. The tone and absolute balls on everything blew me and everyone away!

Main preset was an amalgamation of other presets:
  • 1210 Clean from @2112
  • One Step Closer Recto (Verse) from @Cooper Carter
  • A custom dial-in on a 5153 Stealth Red

Switching to the ODS-100 preset from @Burgs as needed. ;)

Bravo, @FractalAudio! And thank you to all the above folks for making some out-of-this-world tones!

Star Trek Applause GIF

Last edited:
My guess is they decreased the threshold/it clamps faster now and experienced a loss of dynamics, which is what happens if you set a gate too high..
That's where I was headed... It's not about "touch response" so much.

The noise gate now is awesome before you could hear when playing especially the brighter high gainers almost a static underneath the notes , now it is dead silent and all that background noise is completely gone
Intelligent or classic mode?

Upd: or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom