Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you noticed a loss in touch sensitivity with your clean presets? I know a lot has changed on the amps, and I probably need to increase the input gains/overdrives. However, it really feels like the loss of touch sensitivity when you increase the amount of a noise gate. Is there a way to decease this amount to how it was before the firmware?
I have experienced the opposite check your noise gate in the input block

OT: Great! Do you use all 4 speakers in parallel or just studio monitors or "stage monitors"?
Reason: Refer to my rig in signature.
I use it differently, depends on what I´m aiming for.
When creating new sounds, I use both and also checking the preset with apple pods, because if the preset sounds nice through them, it sounds godly everywhere else :)
But for pure jamming heaven, I use combination of A7X´s which gives extra clarity in higher end of EQ and EV´s for huge bottom end with ouput from both mixed to taste.

Last edited:
I use it differently, depends on what I´m aiming for.
When creating new sounds, I use both and also checking the preset with apple pods, because if the preset sounds nice through them, it sounds godly everywhere else :)
But for pure jamming heaven, I use combination of A7X´s which gives extra clarity in higher end of EQ and EV´s for huge bottom end with ouput from both mixed to taste.
Great, that's also my way, better than all I had before! Thank you.

The SM7 is normally VERY SIMILAR to the SM57. It IS subtle.

I have verified that the hardware and Axe-Edit are functioning properly. I took the raw IR files that were used to generate the Dyna-Cab data and compared those IRs to the Dyna-Cabs and the results were identical.

Everything is working properly.
Thank you for looking into it!

Looking at the release notes for the FM3, it's nuts to think of how much improvement has been made in such a short time... and 90%(+?) of us would have been blissfully ignorant with the way the III already was if those updates never came.

There is something that feels particularly unique about the new AC30 model, I can’t really put my finger on it. It’s one of the most enjoyable models to play in terms of feel.
Ever owned or played a Vox AC30? It’s just like this, lol.

My humble, old opinion: Lots of wonderful amps out there. I love a lot of them. But three seem to have some magic going on: 1966 Fender Deluxe Reverb, 1966 Vox AC 30 Top Boost, 1981 Marshall 2203 JCM800. Mine can stay in the closet now, thanks to some amazing work by Fractal Audio.

Do you find this firmware has improved your HBE sound you loved prior , I know there are so many other models was just curious if the. Mid push has perhaps brought that model back to life for you ?
A bit late but I did check out the BE and HBE models in the new firmware today. The low end definitely seems cleaner and punchier than before, but I kinda expected that with the overall modelling changes. It's of course still not what it used to be because, well, it's a different circuit (digitally speaking) now. I feel like it's more enjoyable and maybe even mildly closer to Ares than C-1 and C-2; but the upper-mid attack that the Ares HBE 2018 C45 had is still missing. Anyway, back to chugging away on the CCV 2B in the meantime... (secretly dreaming about that mythical FAS HBE C45)

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I have gone through all my non factory presets and saved each, one by one. I would like to do all my factory presets all at once. Is this the correct way?
Preset manager> highlight all> right click and reset all amp blocks. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom