Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know cliff said the current factory presets are fine, and i agree. however i do foresee us updating them so new users, or users who just dabble a few minutes a day can have an updated starting point.
^This^

I've been bouncing around in the factory and my presets since the update got into private beta and they sound better than ever, and the amps have been a pleasure to listen to and play through, especially the Fender-based amps. I only did a soft-reset because I wanted to keep the tone-control settings but that was plenty sufficient to hear the difference.

There have been new models introduced in many blocks that could possibly be enabled to give them their chance to shine or give demonstrations of their use. That won't require renaming or rebuilding presets in most cases, it'll just give them a little different sound in the same style.

Again I relay this from Frank... View attachment 137764..!
But…but…but..I still don’t know if I should do a reset or not…..
Stressed The Fifth Element GIF
laugh.gif

You need to redo the amps settings, so it cannot be automated.

I base myself with the old settings, that’s why I am taking pics, but all the settings have changed now because of this update.
You can tell fractool to keep any settings. I kept Gain, BMT, presence, depth & Mark EQ. Also set speaker thump to 0 on all presets. But I get your point that you'll have to tweak a little from there.

After the retweak have you ended up at a place where you now like the CX3 versions better than the prior firmware
Honestly ? No.
Straight from mud's mouth: resetting and redialing in is OPTIONAL and doesn't guarantee subjectively better tone.

If golden-ears mud himself doesn't hear a significant difference, 99% of us users won't either. This doesn't negate the psychological satisfaction of starting from the most authentic starting point or the learning from starting over.

EDIT: ;) and I quit any and all attempts at humor.

Last edited:
Straight from mud's mouth: resetting and redialing in is OPTIONAL and doesn't guarantee subjectively better tone.

If golden-ears mud himself doesn't hear a significant difference, 99% of us users won't either. This doesn't negate the psychological satisfaction of starting from the most authentic starting point or the learning from starting over.
He didnt say he didnt hear a difference, he said cx3b wasnt better to him. Those are two different things imo.

@My name is mud can respond for himself here.

That's not what he means, IMO.

He's comparing dialed-in presets for two different firmwares. You are comparing with an old preset on the new firmware that is not dialed in...

We will get to 100 pages like this! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom