Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update SLAYS. Just came from FW 24.05. Busted out my 80's reissue explorer. Loaded my "Kill em' all" preset (JcM 800 mod with a rat pedal) and DAAYUM. I'm no algorithm expert but I "hear" colors and spices and I am a knob tweaker and audiophile (pun intended) Much more scratchy & pronounced "attack" (which is what one goes for with kill em all tones) chugs and gallops are more "angry" and organic/ percussive. More "thud" in the lows without sounding congested. If I can correlate what Cliff did with seasonings/ spices...he added more crush, spank, spark, and soul😎💪 I almost had to remove my brains from the wall when chug/galloping the 4 horsemen. A few tweaks and you can even get into Gary Holt/ Wicked era Zakk Wylde territory too. Loving it guys!!
Yeah sure! Share these awesome preset(s) or it didnt happen!

Cheers 🍻

Last night I upgraded to this beta and also reloaded the factory presets all banks file.

When I go to a preset now, the save button is lit up in Axe Edit. I thought the new firmware loaded automatically and wasn’t triggering any preset to save when choosing old presets?

This update SLAYS. Just came from FW 24.05. Busted out my 80's reissue explorer. Loaded my "Kill em' all" preset (JcM 800 mod with a rat pedal) and DAAYUM. I'm no algorithm expert but I "hear" colors and spices and I am a knob tweaker and audiophile (pun intended) Much more scratchy & pronounced "attack" (which is what one goes for with kill em all tones) chugs and gallops are more "angry" and organic/ percussive. More "thud" in the lows without sounding congested. If I can correlate what Cliff did with seasonings/ spices...he added more crush, spank, spark, and soul😎💪 I almost had to remove my brains from the wall when chug/galloping the 4 horsemen. A few tweaks and you can even get into Gary Holt/ Wicked era Zakk Wylde territory too. Loving it guys!!
Reamp and share preset or it didn't happen! :D
1712227646810.jpeg

Not sure if this is a "bug" or not ..., but I was comparing the values between the Plexi 100W 1970 and the Plexi 50W 6CA7 Jumped and I was converting the parameters from the 6CA7 to the 1970 ....

I could change the Excursion Time & Recovery Time, but I could not save those parameter changes. Everytime I left that Amp and then returned to it, the values reverted back to the stock values ....

Excursion Time - 2.280 ms ( stock ) / 2.240 ( adjusted )
Recovery Time - 6.12 ms ( stock ) / 3.08 ( adjusted )

Not sure if this is a "bug" or not ..., but I was comparing the values between the Plexi 100W 1970 and the Plexi 50W 6CA7 Jumped and I was converting the parameters from the 6CA7 to the 1970 ....

I could change the Excursion Time & Recovery Time, but I could not save those parameter changes. Everytime I left that Amp and then returned to it, the values reverted back to the stock values ....

Can confirm......just tried here.....was able to save preset with changed parameters, but it reverted back to the original after going to another preset and back.

Front panel or Edit?

I finally got a chance to update and play around with the new beeeta last night. I wanted to check out all my go-to amp models, but I never made it past the 6G4 Super. Just wow. I usually avoid adjectives like organic and chewy when describing amp tones, but those are the words that kept popping in my head while I played. And there's something about the bottom end that just sounds so much more natural and amp-like. I can't wait to check out the high gainers tonight.

Who is interested in the files, but I'm currently ill, totally tired, had cold hands in the morning and kids who disturbed me all the time - well no masterpiece: https://c.gmx.net/@328104898732228752/hAnvJNvEQpOmI6FFn3Tfig
You can get the password via PN.
Preset: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-dc-angus-young-sound-with-axe-fx-iii.199932/ w/o ribbon mic.
The best example I've heard to compare FW24 to FW25. If you know AC/DC, you'll hear his recording go from a bit harsh, to spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom