Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release

There is a subtle but polar difference between asking for specific features or making bug reports, versus asking for unspecified “updates”.

It’s like if I hand-built a car for my daughter. It would take time, dedication, lots of troubleshooting, and not a few moments of technical brilliance, most of which she would never know about or understand.

Every now and then she tells me it has a slight noise when shifting to second gear, or one of the channels on the radio is a bit hard to find. Or she might ask if a sunroof is possible. Or I might come around and make a few tweaks that make the heater warm up a bit quicker. Occasionally I have a flash of genius and figure out how to cut fuel consumption significantly, and she’ll never understand the physics and that’s ok.

But overall it’s an excellent car, and she loves it, and most importantly it helps her get to places that she couldn’t go without it.

Now compare that with her asking me every three months if she can have a new car.

(Oh, and cars haven’t really been invented yet. I invented them pretty much. Everyone else has bicycles. And she still complains and gets snippy if I haven’t invented anything new lately. Oh and it’s not every three months, it’s like every few weeks. And I wonder if she’s actually driving this thing, or just using it as a cup holder.)

Damn. That felt like one of the best written and most insightful things I've read on this forum. Kudos to the wordsmith.

There is a subtle but polar difference between asking for specific features or making bug reports, versus asking for unspecified “updates”.

It’s like if I hand-built a car for my daughter. It would take time, dedication, lots of troubleshooting, and not a few moments of technical brilliance, most of which she would never know about or understand.

Every now and then she tells me it has a slight noise when shifting to second gear, or one of the channels on the radio is a bit hard to find. Or she might ask if a sunroof is possible. Or I might come around and make a few tweaks that make the heater warm up a bit quicker. Occasionally I have a flash of genius and figure out how to cut fuel consumption significantly, and she’ll never understand the physics and that’s ok.

But overall it’s an excellent car, and she loves it, and most importantly it helps her get to places that she couldn’t go without it.

Now compare that with her asking me every three months if she can have a new car.

(Oh, and cars haven’t really been invented yet. I invented them pretty much. Everyone else has bicycles. And she still complains and gets snippy if I haven’t invented anything new lately. Oh and it’s not every three months, it’s like every few weeks. And I wonder if she’s actually driving this thing, or just using it as a cup holder.)
Brilliant. Summed up the situation perfectly, well done

I'm personally content with what the FXIII has to offer right now. No firmware updates, to me, means it's perfect. I've been grabbing unexplored presets, modifying them for my guitars and creating new sounds.
I wouldn't care if no other updates came out. I wouldn't trade mine for anything, except an FXIV.;)

I'm personally content with what the FXIII has to offer right now. No firmware updates, to me, means it's perfect. I've been grabbing unexplored presets, modifying them for my guitars and creating new sounds.
I wouldn't care if no other updates came out. I wouldn't trade mine for anything, except an FXIV.;)
Definitely with you on the first paragraph. On the later, if the "FXIV" is compatible with the three general models in current use, cool. If it's a jump that obsoletes the III series, egads, I think I'm good for now. :)

Ahhh, gotcha.....a glutton for punishment..........View attachment 136723
It's like I've been edging since August. Ohhhhh but the release! EPIC :smile: :smile:
boom smile GIF

Not sure if this is a new hardware issue, or a firmware change, but twice now since loading this edition, the signal from my guitar stops registering in the unit and it emits a sustained, high pitched squeal until I reboot the unit. I've never had this happen before this firmware thus far.

I don't want to say it's a bug yet, but curious if this sounds familiar to anyone else, or if this is an issue with the actual unit (I hope not!)

Not sure if this is a new hardware issue, or a firmware change, but twice now since loading this edition, the signal from my guitar stops registering in the unit and it emits a sustained, high pitched squeal until I reboot the unit. I've never had this happen before this firmware thus far.

I don't want to say it's a bug yet, but curious if this sounds familiar to anyone else, or if this is an issue with the actual unit (I hope not!)
Happened to me once on 24.05 too. I'm on 25 now and guess it remains to be seen if it happens again there.

Describe what were you doing on the unit when it occurred

Happened to me once on 24.05 too. I'm on 25 now and guess it remains to be seen if it happens again there.

Thanks, that makes me feel better actually... I hope it's just a firmware thing. I haven't loaded 25 yet because it's still beta, but I can't have this happening so I will probably roll back to my previous backup before loading 24 for now.

If there's any diagnostic thing I can contribute here, please let me know. I've been using this particular patch for years with no issues and I've only noticed it in 24.05.

Describe what were you doing on the unit when it occurred

Just playing my bass through the same patch I've been using for years.

I was playing music through my PC as well, but I always do that. The last time it happened, I was just playing bass guitar.

Back
Top Bottom