Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

the jubilee was designed to work with a specific kind of speaker. the vintage 30's that were available as an upgrade when you bought the jubilee cabs back in 87. if anybody has one of those cabs and can get it to cliff to run off some impulses, it would be a great addition! in the meantime, try using v30's with it and see what you think. if you stumble on a v30 ir that sounds really great with this amp, let us know!

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/marshall-silver-jubilee-match-your-speakers.90375/
York Audio has a Marshall V30 pack that sounds great. FWIW, I don’t think the matching cab thing is that big of a deal. I played my Jubilees through a stock cab that I assume had T75s and another with Greenbacks and they sounded fine. Since the B/M/T controls actually do something on the Jubilee, it’s pretty easy to adjust to suit whatever speakers you’re using.

York Audio has a Marshall V30 pack that sounds great. FWIW, I don’t think the matching cab thing is that big of a deal. I played my Jubilees through a stock cab that I assume had T75s and another with Greenbacks and they sounded fine. Since the B/M/T controls actually do something on the Jubilee, it’s pretty easy to adjust to suit whatever speakers you’re using.
Couldn’t agree more. I played my Jubilee through a standard Marshall cab.

Back then we didn’t worry so much so I’m guessing T75s - but who knows? It said Marshall and the shop had it in stock

Couldn’t agree more. I played my Jubilee through a standard Marshall cab.

Back then we didn’t worry so much so I’m guessing T75s - but who knows? It said Marshall and the shop had it in stock
If its a 1960 classic it has greenbacks.

I have a buddy who was convinced his cab was greenbacks til he opened it up last week to pull 2 for a new 212 and discovered its G12T-75 lol

I've got one of those Silver Jubilee cabs as well, but it didn't sound nearly as good as the Marshall 1960bv (same speakers, just different color tolex). I took the two best sounding speakers from the Jubilee cab and put them in the 1960bv with the two best speakers from that cab in an X-pattern. My MRSH 412 MV30-Dual pack has captures of both and sounds pretty dang awesome.

That cab has some serious mojo. People have tried to buy it from me, but it's one of my holy grail cabs I'll never part with.

I've got one of those Silver Jubilee cabs as well, but it didn't sound nearly as good as the Marshall 1960bv (same speakers, just different color tolex). I took the two best sounding speakers from the Jubilee cab and put them in the 1960bv with the two best speakers from that cab in an X-pattern. My MRSH 412 MV30-Dual pack has captures of both and sounds pretty dang awesome.

That cab has some serious mojo. People have tried to buy it from me, but it's one of my holy grail cabs I'll never part with.
ooh, thanks for the heads up! bookmarked!

Ok, You got me. Whats another V30 IR anyway... :)

is the recently added SIC BV your cab measurement as well ? I though I read that somewhere

Here's the Marshall JCM Slash vs the Brit Silver. I tweaked it by ear just using the basic tone controls. The only advanced parameter changes were on the speaker page. To match the JCM Slash going into a Fractal LB-2 load box, I used the LB-2 UK impedance curve and turned off Speaker Drive, Speaker Compression, and Speaker Thump.

I'm sure I could have spent all day nitpicking and fine-tuning it, but it's remarkable how close they are with pretty much identical amp settings.

Is there a general consensus that guys who own/have owned a real Silver Jubilee think that the "Brit Silver" model is not accurate?
Also, if you are in that camp, do you believe that it is because there is no adjustable "Lead Master" control?

I can say without a doubt that I am a Marshall amp guy. I have owned two of the 50 watt 2553 Jubilee stacks that had the matching 2x12 cabs w/ T75s. I also more recently owned a 20 watt Jubilee with its matching 2x12 w/G12 Vintage speakers. That one sounded closer than the Fractal model but not quite as good as the original. With the new improved "Brit Silver" I hear a slight difference but without that "Lead Master" control.......still not there. If you polled all guys who have experience with a real Jubilee the majority will say the same thing.....the Input gain-Lead Master- and Output master knobs are very interactive with each other. Another thing you might hear is that the Jub sounds even better if you replace the standard EL34s with E34Ls. You would also here many guys make this statement: "Slash uses this amp? Weird, I don't really hear that." Another thing about the Jubilee amp that many don't know, if you use it as a power amp you will find the tone stack is after the loop and the big one: that is the most scooped power amp tone of any Marshal by a huge amount.

Well, since I am ranting :) I might as well continue:
Marshall amp guys would generally say the following:
The best Marshall amp tones after the 2203 are these:
The real Jubilee.
The JCM 900 DR if and only if it is an original with the EL34 power tubes and you put a cable in the loop to add a bit more gain.
The 6100 if it is an original 6100 LE with the EL34s and only the clean chs and Ch 2 in the B mode. The rest of the Chs/modes....suck.
The DSL on the crunch Ch and the Lead 1 Ch with the mid shift NOT engaged. The Lead 2 ch SUCKS. The clean Ch...blah.

The following amps most will say suck or are just blah blah, the before mentioned are better.
2 Ch JCM 800s.....suck
JCM 900 with 5881s...Suck This model is where the JCM 900 gets its bad rap from.
The TSL...Suck! Some might think that this is just a DSL with a 3rd ch....Not! SUCK!
The JVM 4 ch...Blah Blah Blah/Suck Suck Suck.... It's like they tried to make the DSL better but did not! Most guys that previously owned a DSL were not convinced by this monstrosity with a gazillion knobs.
The JS JVM......Blah Blah Blah.........SUCK! When JS used a multi Ch Marshall it was a 6100LE....Marshall somehow forgot how to do it on this model???

Some other Marshall models that might find their way into the not suck camp are:
JCM 900 SLX
Vintage Modern

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

Back
Top Bottom